Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/)
-   -   Is it true? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/true-4675/)

Turboman1 09-19-2001 03:17 AM

Is it true?

Hi today i was talking with a friend of mine that has a turbo mod company.So Dimitris(name of friend)told me that tiburons front brakes are not good.He also said that the front rotors are very small for the weight of tibby!!This has as a result for the rotors to become not straight.So after some amount of miles they get damaged and your steering wheel vibrates when you hit the brakes.
Finally he said that the only solution for tibbys brakes is to put rotors with bigger diameter,you know like Sharkracing´s big upgrade system...What do you think fellows?

YellowTiburon 09-19-2001 04:02 AM

my steering wheel vibrates all the time, but mostly under braking, i got my wheels aligned and it was still doing it. i guess thats why it vibrates.

Random 09-19-2001 10:26 AM

The tibbies problem are WEAK rotors, not the size. The Shark Racing Big Brake it will help, but a set of quality Brembo rotors will also solve the problem for about $100 to $200 less depending on the price of the brembo's in your area.

It seems hyundai used a inferior alloy for the discs.

JGraham9382 09-19-2001 10:34 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>my steering wheel vibrates all the time, but mostly under braking, i got my wheels aligned and it was still doing it. i guess thats why it vibrates.</div>

If it happens when braking you could have warped rotors...

accent 1 09-19-2001 11:14 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by JGraham9382:
If it happens when braking you could have warped rotors...</div>

hey I think thats the first thing i've ever read from you that you weren't crackin a joke in! You must be loosin your touch!
:D tongue.gif

1FSTSHRK 09-19-2001 01:22 PM

I had a prob with my brakes that I just got fixed recently. They kept locking up on me and the pedal was really tight to press. I thought it was a warped caliper or something but in all my master cylinder was seizing up on me. I don't know if anyone else had this prob but it could explain some of the vibrating.

Guilty 09-19-2001 02:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by Iago:
Here, let me take a crack at it!

"My steering wheel vibrates like that, too! No wonder my girlfriend insisted on driving all the time!"

Or how about this one...

"Mine used to vibrate a lot like that, until I took the batteries out."

:D
</div>

LMAO :D

I don't have that problem yet but I'm planning on doing the big brake upgrade. Just don't know when.

YellowTiburon 09-20-2001 01:45 AM

lets say i was going 120, then i hit a lot of traffic and have to hit the brakes hard. would that warp my brakes?

JGraham9382 09-20-2001 04:15 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>hey I think thats the first thing i've ever read from you that you weren't crackin a joke in! You must be loosin your touch!</div>Damnit! Musta posted that before my daily binge drinking started... oh well... I'm sorry...won't happen again... :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>lets say i was going 120, then i hit a lot of traffic and have to hit the brakes hard. would that warp my brakes?</div>

Yes it would, but what you may try doing is aim for old people and small pets...they slow you down a lot...that way you won't have to slam on your brakes and you won't warp them... tongue.gif

:: skilspeed :: 09-20-2001 07:45 AM

Hell yeah! Old people are the best for slowing you down. They're soft and tend to wear alot of layered clothing so as to not bash up your front bumper alot. They're very considerate of lead-foot speeders. smile.gif