Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/)
-   -   Those Of You With Springs! (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/those-you-springs-37246/)

JonGTR 06-28-2006 08:47 AM

I don't have a set and we have a chance to have a stiffer set made for racing/autocross/drag/etc.

Let us know what you have, how you like em, and how you think they fair with racing.

Dive/squat
Roll
front/rear difference
Understeer/oversteer

brian01tib 06-28-2006 11:50 AM

I have H&R theyre much better than stock. I would like to have a stiffer spring, but now that they are in I wouldnt spend more to get more stiffness. If I push on the car the wheels stay with the body of the car. The dive and squat are noticable. The body roll isnt bad at all, but stiffer would be better. Compared to the evo I have alot less body roll. To corvettes I have a little more. Alot of the body roll factor is the car height. I like my H&R springs, but a little lower and stiffer would be nice.

REDZMAN 06-28-2006 01:45 PM

I've got the Eibach Dampners and the HKS springs.

I love them, daily driven is great, and the performance of my car definately improved in several ways because of it.

I've also got the Eibach Spring/KYB GR2 combo on my other tib. Very nice, but a bit rough for daily driving.

My opinion? Harder ones than either of these would be ideal for the racing enthusiast, but definately overkill for a daily driver.

I'd say if you haven't driven a car with either of the listed setups above, you should do that first. The stock setup is just so spongy.

SOCKS_old 06-29-2006 07:44 AM

ive had the eibach/kyb gr-2 combo and i really like it.

body roll is not that bad at all, and i have no rear sway bar hooked up. its a little rough for daily driving, if your into a really comfortable ride, but i love the feeling.. i would reccommend this setup for the occasional racer. maybe not autoX, because then you need a diff. league of suspension. but i really like these. might be getting the eibach dampers soon to try them out. i have no strut bars, or sway bars so that should make it alot better, and once i hook up my rear sway bar. lol

x7xstring 07-12-2006 09:58 PM

Dude, the best set up for taking corners is H&R / KYB GR2 set-up, and of course really good tires.

My tib could take turns in very high speeds with no tire squeel at all.

The H&R's are really stiff, ... I freakin LOVED them.

xxxmonoxidechild 07-13-2006 05:17 AM

i have the intrax springs.

pretty happy with them, lower then any other tib ive seen, (even ones with coil overs set at the bottom) hell even pile_of_rd1 has h and r's, and coils cut off them to be shorter, and i still have more then an inch on him.

ride wise, i bottom out everywhere. but definitly a cornering improvement, but nothing spictacular.

KayJai 07-13-2006 07:41 AM

The problem with Intrax are they keep sinking, and sinking and sinking,...
Not the best quality out there, if you're just going for looks and the lowest you can go, then go with Intrax, but if you actually want to IMPROVE your ride, go with something else

xxxmonoxidechild 07-13-2006 09:32 PM

maybe you had a defective pair, but ive had mine installed over a year, and it hasnt lowered at all since they were installed. probably a good thing being that i allready rub on the plastic inner fender.

and u cant say the intrax are not an improvement over stock, common sense alone says otherwise. you dont see hardcore sponsered cars sporting OBX manifolds after all.

just trying to make a point that theres no reason to bash a mojor company that offers a good product for our cars when we are not the biggest market to sell too.

KayJai 07-13-2006 10:26 PM

Intrax would be at my low end of the spectrum for suspension, along with sprint.

Eibach, H&R, HKS, all I would considered and have before Intrax.

col96fx 07-13-2006 10:46 PM

I have Aussie made Kings Springs with oem struts (I will replace them with something better 1 day).
I love the improved rigidity and lower ride hight.