Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/)
-   -   Spare Tire? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/spare-tire-22375/)

Tiburonmoo 11-21-2004 05:55 AM

Re: Pics of what I have been up to

Ok, so on Thursday 11/18 I get a flat and I go to Discount Tire to get a new tire and they tell me that they have to order a tire and it won't be in until monday 11/22. Apparently, they don't hold my Nitto 450's in stock. So, now I have a doughnut on my car and it makes me nervous as all hell driving on it. What would be the downside to having an extra tire in my garage in case this happens again? I know not to have it sit on the floor b/c it would develop a flat spot but having a tire sit there indefinately have any other ill effects? Anyone have any storage ideas? mounting on the wall? mounting on the ceiling?

CyberShark 11-21-2004 09:11 AM

Re: A Soldier Story - Must Read!

If you don't want to leave an extra tire on floor, then hang it. If you want, you can buy a decent used tire off a tire shop and keep it around only as a spare for emergancies.

Mad-Machine 11-21-2004 03:12 PM

Re: 18" Rims possible or not?

I was always under the impression that a tire will only flatspot when left holding the car up in the same position for a long period of time. I was not aware that the weight of the tire itself was enough to put that much pressure on the construction of it to deform it perminently like that.

OdessitPashka 11-21-2004 03:26 PM

Re: hmmm i wonder if this is a scam

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was always under the impression that a tire will only flatspot when left holding the car up in the same position for a long period of time. I was not aware that the weight of the tire itself was enough to put that much pressure on the construction of it to deform it perminently like that.</div>

you are right, there is no way the tire will make a flat stop under its own weight!

Tiburonmoo 11-21-2004 05:12 PM

Re: RDTiburon Decals!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OdessitPashka)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was always under the impression that a tire will only flatspot when left holding the car up in the same position for a long period of time. I was not aware that the weight of the tire itself was enough to put that much pressure on the construction of it to deform it perminently like that.</div>

you are right, there is no way the tire will make a flat stop under its own weight!</div>

You need to tell that to the tires that used to be in my backyard. It can happen my friends.

blue2000 11-21-2004 05:52 PM

Re: Couple kool car videos!

Tires can not be stored indefinately, no matter what you do to them and certainly not in the back yard. :roll: Proper storage would be in a dark cool dry place on it side. Failing that, no direct sunlight, in a place with as little temperature/humidity change as possible and move it once in a while, so it doesn't flat spot or otherwise deform. On a wheel is better than off.

HyundaiKitCoupe 11-21-2004 10:25 PM

Re: AEM Bypass Valve: Sound vs. Integrity

deflate the tire and there you go! no pressure to expand the rubber. no flat spot. be sure to sore it face down.