Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Rota Circuit 8 - How To Read Garble On Back Of Wheel

Old 11-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or since most people spend less than 4k$ on their tib and rota is a good quality 'knock-off' its a great option.. spending 2k$ or so on rims/tires for a DD econobox is moronic
Old 11-18-2008, 06:07 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

If I can get a quality wheel with a good light weight, why would I spend up to 5 times the amount on the so called real thing. So because they look similar it makes them a knock off? So what is the Rota Torque a knock off of? How about the Rota Gforce, or The ROta SVN?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Banned

hell my konigs are also knock offs.. but i paid 130$ per rim for 17 lb, 17x8" rims... rather pay that then w/e they were a knockoff of that were like 250-300$ per rim.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

QUOTE (SOCKS @ Nov 18 2008, 05:54 PM)
or since most people spend less than 4k$ on their tib and rota is a good quality 'knock-off' its a great option.. spending 2k$ or so on rims/tires for a DD econobox is moronic

Well, call me a moron. The rims I'm getting are over $300/ea.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:31 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i think some people here are getting bent outta shape over nothing.

if you enjoy cheaper wheels that get the job done then rotas are for you. there is nothing wrong with buying the cheapest option, im just pointing out that you guys are not buying the real thing........just a cheap version of the real thing.

google "rotas are knockoffs" and see what i mean

"friends don't let friends rock rotas"
Old 11-19-2008, 01:17 PM

Yeah. I just can't justify spending more on rims than my car's worth. Doesn't make much sense to me at all. It *might* make sense if I had a car that was considered a luxury car, but, even then, I would probably buy something cheaper for it.

I personally think if Rota does a good job at making a quality rim for 1/5th of the price of a "real" rim, I would much rather buy rotas. You can't tell me that you've never bought knock-off products before. If you always buy the "real" thing, then you must be made of money.

Take a look at my job. The pic isn't that great (taken at night with my camera phone), but you can get the jist..

Old 11-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Banned

wheels look pretty dang good actually.. just reminds me a of Teg..

lower than b**** on B&G springs and itll look NOICCEE!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 02:39 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

does remind me of a teg. the curcuit8 is a good looking rim because its a copy of a sick looking rim.

i agree you need to drop it cause it looks sort of on the small side. i'm sure when i get my 16"s on there i'll have to do the same.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:59 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

The rims look good richard!

QUOTE (optimoprime @ Nov 19 2008, 12:31 AM)
"friends don't let friends rock rotas"

Thats cool, I will take my knockoffs and drive circles around you all day long. If you are so insecure about your car that you gotta rock the name brand, sucks to be you. If you are that insecure, why you rollin a hyundai? Go buy a honda you tool. I would much rather spend my money on a better turbo, injectors, intecooler, supspension or cams. OOOHHHH NOEZ I didnt get the real deal jdm rims that cost 5 times as much and are no better than what I got. what will I ever do with myself. Ah shit and I am not wearing Sean John pants!!!!! I am going to be the laughing stock of America! Why don't you go buy some real audio equipment instead of that audiobahn garbage?

"friends don't let friends bump Audiobahn"
Old 11-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Banned

lol AJ.. ROFL..

lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif

gotta buy REAL JDM yO.. so you can say you have it.