Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/)
-   -   lowest drop-biggest wheel??? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/lowest-drop-biggest-wheel-4685/)

silver-red2k 11-06-2001 11:10 AM

lowest drop-biggest wheel???

im really wanting some new wheels and tires. this question is like the one poster earlier but my answeres are different than his.
1) i WILL lower car in teh future, around 2 inch drop. also plan on getting a body kit, probably veilside.

2) im more of a show car type of person

3) streets are decent, but there are a few bad areas around, but they can be avoided.

the tires i want are yokohama avid H4, they run only about $100 a pop on tirerack.com but they have really good warranties and they are supposed to ride very comfortable. They are 17's. Where can I find a place that sells some wheels too? Would yokohama be a good choice?

Land Shark 11-06-2001 03:16 PM

smile.gif Hey whats up! This really isn't an answer to your question. I saw that you are from Kentucky, I'm in Alexandria. So where are you at in Kentucky? Just wanting to check to see if you were somewhat close to me. Later!

Turboman1 11-07-2001 12:08 AM

HEY
SILVERED TIb

Why do you want sooooo big wheels?
I cant understand that......Try 7x16 with 205 tires and youll be happy(look and performance).
You dont wanna drown your car with 17īs do you???
You should try eibachs(springs and schocks)with 16īs
Thats my opinion...
Avoid extraordinary situations for your own good..... wink.gif

silver-red2k 11-08-2001 12:38 PM

I like the low profile look, really low profile. Thats wht I want 17's. I probably will get the Eibach kit though since I have heard good things about them.

Bad Shark 11-08-2001 01:20 PM

being 6'2, 280 lbs...weightlifter...just big.....i'm not really interested in lowering my tib....SO...will 18's fit? i'm not trying to make my 2nd gen crazy fast...just respectable...more for show...but currently a daily driver until i get my 3rd gen.

Guilty 11-08-2001 02:36 PM

I have a 2nd gen with 18s on it and its lowered. Rides and looks great only rubs on hard bumps in the road.

Bad Shark 11-08-2001 03:35 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by Guilty:
I have a 2nd gen with 18s on it and its lowered. Rides and looks great only rubs on hard bumps in the road.</div>

cool...about the rubbing...that could be solved w/ a harder shocks then right? or is it not worth it? not bad enough to spend the money?

Visionz 11-08-2001 04:20 PM

Shocks won't really help you with tire rubbing. The only thing that you could do is either get lowering springs that don't drop you as much, or roll the inside of your fenders just a little. wink.gif

Barry 11-08-2001 11:16 PM

got a 1st gen with 18's,not lowered but give me a chance,I'm after the looks,costs to much to insure speed over here!!

Barry.

blktib 11-09-2001 05:37 AM

got 17" with intrax springs. started off as a 1.5" but is probably now a 2" drop. (settling) I love it. I haven't rubbed or bottomed out ever! I still think the car is to high. but that is the best i could do.