Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Ksport install question.....

Old 06-29-2013, 01:38 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Ksport install question.....

Ok, real quick,

I'm about half way through the kontrol pros install. While doing this I'm also installing the rear Eibach sway bar I had laying around. I noticed that one of the rear end links was bent. Looked online for HD endlink for the rear that is possibly adjustable as well, and just not much to find.

So.....

my question is this: since the sway bar mount ring is adjustable on the rear coilovers that came with the ksports, I can technically put the mount as close or as far away from the sway bar as I want. The FRONT endlinks are much beefier and are readily available at the local parts store. As long as I adjust the preload of the sway bar properly, could I just use a set of front sway bar endlinks and adjust the end link mounts on the rear coilovers to accommodate? Is there any good reason they need to be long and thin, or can I simply adjust the mount closer to the sway bar and utilize and beefier front endlink?

I HAVE found adjustable whilteline rears that they say are HD, but they still look thin and flimsy to me. The fronts look solid and it makes sense to me if I am putting in a beefier sway bar, that these endlinks need to be able to handle the stress. And, seeing that the OEM rear endlink bent with an OEM sway bar, this is a weak point in the rear suspension that I cannot seem to find the answer for.

BONUS QUESTION! The adjustable sway bar endlink sleeve on the coilovers seems to only has an allen screw to secure the sleeve. Do I simple adjust the sleeve to fit my endlinks properly and tighten this one allen screw to secure it? Seems a bit weak, but maybe its more then sufficient. Has anyone else ran into this with their ksport installs? If you have, have you ran into any issues with that allen screw not holding the sway bar end link sleeve securely? Or has it help up fine and I'm worried over nothing! LOL!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:57 AM

I'm special.....

Just realized that will never work cause the fronts face the same.direction and the rear end links face opposite.

I gotta stop tinkering with my car after 2 in the morning, my head doesn't work right!!

On that note, anyone with suggestions for stronger rear end links?
Old 06-29-2013, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I believe the GKs use the same rear endlink. I've been looking at this for a while and it seems that there are a lot of option intended for other cars that will work on ours. The key is getting a unit that shares the same lug diameter and roughly the same length. Being adjustable there is some play in the over all length to accommodate. For instance, the ones I plan to get for the front are intended for the mk4 golf, but seem to fit the 2 basic parameters. I'll verify that when they arrive.

If you need something quick, I just picked up a set of oem style rears from O'Reilly for $10/side. That will satiate until the adjustables are located.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:37 PM

Right on man, I think I will do that. Definitely want to replace the bent endlink. For 10 bucks a side, I'll replace them both and see how I like it.