Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/)
-   -   Camber Bolts (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/camber-bolts-23518/)

alz99 10-28-2003 01:18 PM

I was wondering if any of you guys have tried these camber bolts?
did they work for you make any improvements?

K-Mac camber kits

Mad-Machine 10-28-2003 07:53 PM

They really do not tell you how they work, do they? I wish they had a serious picture of the bolt itself.

blue2000 10-28-2003 10:23 PM

Rear Bumper

Based on the website this is my guess as to what the product is and how it works: The kit contains templates or guides and instructions on how to enlarge and slot the upper mount bolt hole in your struts. You then use the larger bolt and shim(s) within the kit to adjust the camber.

In my opinion, $140 shipped is a little steep for a product with so little info available...like I said all that above is my best guess. My suggestion, if your really interested, is to contact the company and ask for more info.

Added:

I sent an inquiry to the company for product literature and/or info. Lets see what happens. Of course, I will share with my friends here at rdtiburon. smile.gif

alz99 10-29-2003 12:27 PM

geez Thanks guys i appreciate the help.

I was thinking the same about the price too.. (thats why i asked for opinions)

I always seem to get wear on the inside of my tyres (17" 205/40)

the diference between the camber bolts and a set of coilovers (quest) is quite a bit $$

I just got a full new set of tyres and didn't want them to go to waste.

once again cheers and be sure to post the info Blue 2000 wink.gif

blue2000 11-01-2003 09:40 PM

4 days later, no answer back yet. hmmmmm

blue2000 11-03-2003 01:29 PM

Second email sent... I'm not a very patient guy.

blue2000 11-12-2003 05:25 PM

Still no response.

01tibby 11-12-2003 06:42 PM

HID

we should get a mob to go to his house

blue2000 11-12-2003 08:49 PM

who's house? I'm waiting for a response from the company about this camber product. I guess I could go in person ...who is willing to pay the air fare from Seattle to Australia and back?

blue2000 12-03-2003 08:37 PM

Still no response from K-Mac. I sent one last email to see what happens but at this point, I'm going to have to give it my personal "Don't buy from these folks" stamp of disapproval.

01tibby 12-03-2003 08:49 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01)</div><div class='quotemain'>we should get a mob to go to his house</div>

i was just joking, cause you posted 3 times in a row and sounded like you were getting aggrevated. 8)

Voiddweller 12-07-2003 06:21 AM

Is you car lowered? I have the Eibach Pro Kit on my car with the KYB GR-2 struts and didn't have to use a camber kit. You generally only have to use them if you car is dropped more than 1.8". (varies obviously but not that much)

blue2000 12-07-2003 08:18 AM

Heard back from the sales rep dude (his name is kevin). In response to my question for "more information than is on your website"...he quoted me a part #, price, the generic description of the product. (All of which are on thier web site) And shipping to the U.S. ($27). Oh and the reason I didn't get a response to any of my other emails is that he was in the U.S.A. for the last month.

I gotta wonder about a company that has only 1 guy to answer product info/sales requests.
I also have question about the veracity of Kevin's intellect.

Voiddweller 12-07-2003 09:13 AM

Re: 5 hours

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blue2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>Heard back from the sales rep dude (his name is kevin). In response to my question for "more information than is on your website"...he quoted me a part #, price, the generic description of the product. (All of which are on thier web site) And shipping to the U.S. ($27). Oh and the reason I didn't get a response to any of my other emails is that he was in the U.S.A. for the last month.

I gotta wonder about a company that has only 1 guy to answer product info/sales requests.
I also have question about the veracity of Kevin's intellect.</div>

LOL, yeah really.

p.s. If you answer my question I might be able to help you out more.
The kit should only be 17 for the front and 17 for the rear approx. for OBX.
Here is an example http://streetstyler.com/CamberKits.htm
Eibach has one too
Hyundai Tiburon EIBA 5.83450K (tiburon) (9/96-01) 4 Cyl, Incl. FX (Front +/- 1.0, Rear +/- 1.0) 29.95 on sale at http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/default.as...categorycd=CAMP

Voiddweller 12-07-2003 09:15 AM

Here is what Eibach has to say "After the installation of either an Eibach Pro-Kit or Sportline spring set, a vehicle's alignment should always be checked. Once lowered, a wheel's camber may become "increasingly negative", meaning the top of the tire is angled inward (toward the center of the vehicle). While some "negative" camber aids in improving traction and road adhesion, too much can result in peculiar handling and accelerated tire wear.

Eibach offers a complete range of alignment kits which offer a simple, affordable solution to adjust "negative camber". These alignment kits not only assist in adjusting a vehicle's camber back to factory specifications but they also allow the experienced chassis tuner to utilize the increased adjustment range to "dial-in" a performance alignment that uses negative camber to maximize a chassis' potential. Turn-in becomes more precise and handling increasingly crisp and predictable. High-speed stability is also enhanced making an alignment kit from Eibach almost a necessity for the serious performance tuner."

KayJai 12-07-2003 09:59 AM

Well After my prokit springs, struts and sway bars were installed, I got my car aligned, like 3 weeks later after I let it settled.
The guy that did my alignment at the shop was the "expert" for aligning lowered cars.
I've had no problems with the handling, and can't really complain, cuz I have nothing to compare it to.

But what will these camber bolts do for me?

Voiddweller 12-07-2003 01:18 PM

You only need to use them if your car is out of camber.
If your tires are towing in like / or out / then you will benefit from them. Like I said I didn't have to use them. I don't know anyone that has had to use them yet on a Tiburon even with coilovers.

blue2000 12-07-2003 11:36 PM

You probably don't need them for "normal" alignment KaiJai. The added camber from lowering will improve your handling.

The reason I'm looking into these K-Mac things is because I need a camber adjustment that will stand up to autocross use. I'm just posting in this thread so everyone can see what I'm doing and how the company is responding. At this point I wouldn't buy the product...well, maybe if they had a U.S. distributor.

Btw, I tried the camber bolts last season and they wouldn't hold there setting during autocross.

The Eibach bolts worked fine on the street and I would recommend them for someone that needs camber correction from lowering.

The OBX product are eccentric cam bolts just like the Eibach product. Again, probably fine for street use but not autocross or road race.

Voiddweller 12-08-2003 10:50 AM

Oh, are you looking for camber plates then?

alz99 12-08-2003 12:26 PM

i was looking into getting some of these for my rims/tyres,

my tyres always seem to wear faster on the inside of the tire and im sick of buying new tyres. i can't believe none of you have a slight problem,
one day i'll get a full coilover set with camber correction plates but untill then i sort of need a bandaid, (no maby a air ride sys) lol.gif

blue2000 12-08-2003 01:51 PM

For camber correction for simple tire wear issues, camber bolts should work just fine. They arn't expensive (around $17 each) and readily available from numerous sources. OBX, Eibach, and Sprint all make 12mm camber bolts that will fit our cars.

Do I want camber plates? Yes and no. Yes, they are a good solution and No, they cost $300-$400. Yes, I know "you get what you pay for" but I like to explore alternatives before just plunking down that kind of money. If you know of camber plates available for the RD that are less expensive, I'm open to suggestions.

KayJai 12-08-2003 06:33 PM

Ok,..
So lemme get this straight

Blue, putting more negative camber like this / would help you corner better right
And having the tires like this | | (as verticle as possible) would have less tire wear.

With the camber bolts, are you attempting to put MORE negative camber on?
OR trying to straighten the wheels?

blue2000 12-08-2003 08:33 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KayJai)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok,..
So lemme get this straight

Blue, putting more negative camber like this / would help you corner better right</div>

Yes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And having the tires like this | | (as verticle as possible) would have less tire wear.</div>

yes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>With the camber bolts, are you attempting to put MORE negative camber on?
OR trying to straighten the wheels?</div>

Either, depending on your needs or wants.

When you lower our cars they gain some negative camber. If this causes unwanted tire wear then you would install the bolts to correct the camber back to zero.

I desire improved handling. I installed the camber bolts on the stock suspension to get negative camber on the front wheels.

blue2000 12-23-2003 08:18 AM

back to the original topic, KMAC camber kits.

I got a response back from the sales guy. He emailed me the installation instructions, which contain a better picture of the product. Also, supposedly they are going to update the website with a more detailed picture.

After seeing the instructions and a better picture, I would say it would work as advertised. My intuition tells me this is a better product than camber bolts, but without testing, I have no factual basis to asert that, so it's just a "best guess".

Is it worth the money? ($245 shipped to the U.S. for a full set) You decide.

not2happy 02-17-2004 02:16 AM

Has anyone tried the alignment kit from Eibach yet? If so, how did it turn out? My car is very low. Not sure how much the previous owner lowered it, but I just bought 16" rims and 205/45WR16 Goodyear Eagle F1's and the Eibach alignment kit. I'm hoping the alignment kit fixes my camber problem. The old front tires were worn bad on the inside of the tire.

blue2000 02-17-2004 07:55 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blue2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>The Eibach bolts worked fine on the street and I would recommend them for someone that needs camber correction from lowering. </div>

:x Do you know how to read? :x Sheesh!

turbosnatch 02-19-2004 10:45 PM

im selling camber bolts which do just as good of job for 50 dollars shipped. tiburons dont camber bad, the suspension is already tight and they come pretty low stock unlike honda covics which arent meant to corner and handle like us. ;]
if u take off your tire and look at your strut you will understand what the bolts do. you put one on the top bolt of each strut bolt. and allow the strut to be a lil more leanient and gets rid of camber. now u do the opposite and that relieves caster.

not2happy 02-19-2004 11:38 PM

Thanks John, I'll check into that