Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

busted brake lines?

Old 01-17-2005, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

wait, driver side rear?

im pming you RIGHT now!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:31 PM

When I get home I will show you guys pictures of my stock brake lines. You will shite your pants. Lets just say it looks like a dog ate them.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)
OMFG... so the caliper did not freeze like i thought? because my left rear caliper didn't want to let loose of the rotor (rotorpros drilled/slotted GB). my rotor was warped and tore off all the heat resistant paint. the garage said it was a broken caliper. cost me $300. when i got it fixed, the hand brake is still slippy as before.
so the problem wasn't the rotor, correct? It was the caliper because of the brake lines?
Old 01-19-2005, 12:15 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Majik, no the rotors are fine. The cadmium is wearing thin so the rust is coming up. But I guess thats every rotor. It's not so bad. The paint was ripped off by the pads but the fault of that goes back to the warping and excess heat created.

I can't say for sure right now. It's been the first time driving it since three weeks. If it happens again it's the brake line. Because it's a whole new caliper and pad. The rotor is super though. And the lines have been really taking a beating in the traffic but show no signs of wear or anything of that sort. Everything seems fine. It was just that mysterious problem I still can't find the answer to. It just... well... happened. Even my garage couldn't decipher why it happened. So far, everything is cool though guys.