Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Sold Z28 And Got Myself A.......

Old 10-31-2006, 09:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mmm.. the 5.7L firebird... w00t.. always been my fav. f-body.. love that hood compared to the T/A Ws6 hood. love how it flows.

you should def. slap on a nice suspension system and that stock lip kit that comes on some, makes it look soo much better, and the car flows more.

mmm.. please post the progress on this car, with new mods, current, and track slips. but with your driving, if its a high 12 sec. car your gonna hit mid 12s anyway you crazy bastard.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:19 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Very nice!

Such cars are very rare here, in Ukraine.

Are those headlights tinted?
Old 10-31-2006, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Black kicks the hell outta that pewter gray color.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

they are flip up headlight dmitry. turn on the headlights and they flip up out of the hood.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:29 PM

Poor Ukranians. lmao.gif

I'm sure there are Ukranian only cars that would confuse me too though.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:36 PM

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Oct 31 2006, 04:02 AM)
hey man you're moving up!! yeah when i was a kid i used to think those cars were badass!! when you mentioned "firehawk" i was expecting some rusted metal from the 70's nobody's ever heard of. hahah..

so you've missed some of those tiburon curves eh? the firebird is a big car. i saw a red one up close and it's the size of a real sports car. it also looks more like a corvette from the windshield. congratulations all this time i thought you were going for a mustang. well this is a car that isn't played out. i heard one down 29 with an opened exhaust and the thing sounded MEAN.

nice rims as well. i'm sure you'll keep this one and love it so much more than the camaro. i'll definitely have to see it. welcome back to posting, sure everyone remembers you, you still have over 4,000 posts man!

Thanks man. I'm going to MIR this Sunday for Imports VS Domestics event. You should come smile.gif

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Oct 31 2006, 07:53 AM)
Looks good.. and I like the intake "nostals" I prefer the one piece opening to the dual plane "ram air" some of the cars had.

As for the comment about being the size of a real sports car.. most sports cars are rather small.. ever get up close to a Ferrari or a Porsche? the Firehawk dwarfs them..

That hood only came with the Hawks and looks a lot better than Ram Air hood!

Hawk is huge! A bit too big IMO. If it was 7-12" shorter, it would've been a lot better!

QUOTE (Screwdriver @ Oct 31 2006, 08:01 AM)
Suits you much better than the Z IMO.

When you gonna sell me that lip mang?

Thanks. I can sell it to you whenever, but I have problems packing it. I should stop being lazy and pack it.

QUOTE (shimanomtber87 @ Oct 31 2006, 09:39 AM)
Now how are you going to go around a corner in that? haha...j/k

nice car...trans am/firebird has always been my favorite "muscle" car. have fun

This hawk has a good amount of money put into suspension. Eibach Pro Kit, Bilstein shocks, 35mm front & 22mm rear swaybars, and front strut bar. Combine that with 275's on all 4 wheels and RWD and you got one helluva handler smile.gif It doesn't feel as tight as my tibby did because it's 900lbs heavier, but I bet it will still outhandle it in curves.

QUOTE (Supercow @ Oct 31 2006, 09:56 AM)
looks nice! I'm a bit confused though, actually when I was looking at buying the tib I was looking at a 2000 black trans am as well. But didn't even test drive it cause I needed gas mileage.

At that time though I was only aware of the reg. firebird, formula, and trans am. Whats the difference in all of the different upgraded editions? The three upgraded models all have the same engine, all I can tell is the trans am has t tops...well and the firehawk seems to be the most rare. Looks like they just had it for 2000?
ah, looked closer looks like the only difference is T-Tops - Keyless Entry System - Lighted Entry System - Power Antenna when you get the trans am over the firehawk. at least that's all I can tell on edmunds.

Here is how it works. GM made 25,000 or so firebirds every year from 98 to 02. Then they took 500-700 Trans Ams and Formulas and sent them to the SLP factory in Canada. SLP upgraded suspension, exhaust, hood, and few other little things to make Firehawks different from every other Firebird. So basically it's a collector's car. For example my car is a Black Firehawk Formula with black leather, t-tops, and 6 speed transmission. There were only 10 exact same cars as mine made in 2000. Very rare and Hawks keep their value very well.

QUOTE (SOCKS @ Oct 31 2006, 11:51 AM)
mmm.. the 5.7L firebird... w00t.. always been my fav. f-body.. love that hood compared to the T/A Ws6 hood. love how it flows.

you should def. slap on a nice suspension system and that stock lip kit that comes on some, makes it look soo much better, and the car flows more.

mmm.. please post the progress on this car, with new mods, current, and track slips. but with your driving, if its a high 12 sec. car your gonna hit mid 12s anyway you crazy bastard.

This car already has $2500-3000 worth of mods put into it including suspension.

PPC Longtubes
custom catted Ypipe
Corsa catback
Strano custom Bilstein HDs
ProKit
Strano 35mm front & 22mm rear swaybars
billet pedals
dupont painted calipers with firehawk logo
MTI clear airlid
K&N
BMR strut tower brace
BMR adjustable panhard bar (not installed yet)
Custom tune by Slowhawk

330 rwhp and 340 rwtq

I'm taking it to the track this Sunday and will post the results smile.gif

Dima, like tibby01 said, those are flip out healights and these cars are very rare here in US as well.

Ham, black looks sick, but I'm gonna need to wash it at least once a week for it to look good. PITA!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:50 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

How much did the car cost you, if you dont mind me asking.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:39 PM

Black IS a PITA. You might wash it more than once a week.

I wash my car, drive somewhere for 15 mins, and you can see the dust.

It makes me wanna cry.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Looks really nice, when I was looking for my car I went by one because I thought they were beautiful fast etc, but then saw the cost. Well looks good and of course we remember you.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:04 PM

OP seems to upgrade every year.

Next year this time he'll have a Ford GT or something. cool.gif