Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Sold Z28 And Got Myself A.......

Old 10-31-2006, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2000 Firehawk

Always wanted one, but couldn't afford it. Finally saved up some money and here it is smile.gif

Drove 500mi to NH to get it smile.gif It has a few mods already and dynoed 330whp and 340tq. Hopefully I'll be able to hit mid 12's or at least have constant high 12's smile.gif

What do you guys think?

I haven't posted in a while, but still check the forums all the time. Hopefully there are some people that still remember me here smile.gif
Old 10-31-2006, 01:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

growing up this was one of my favorite cars. the look just kind of faded for me though. still an awesome looking car, but just not what i once thought of it.

and most definately > camaro

have fun with it.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:39 AM

Very nice. How does she sound???
Old 10-31-2006, 01:46 AM

QUOTE (tibby01 @ Oct 31 2006, 03:05 AM)
growing up this was one of my favorite cars. the look just kind of faded for me though. still an awesome looking car, but just not what i once thought of it.

and most definately > camaro

have fun with it.

Thank you smile.gif

Very nice. How does she sound???

Pretty quiet when crusing, but once you get on gas, it sounds like an airplane smile.gif
Old 10-31-2006, 02:02 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

hey man you're moving up!! yeah when i was a kid i used to think those cars were badass!! when you mentioned "firehawk" i was expecting some rusted metal from the 70's nobody's ever heard of. hahah..

so you've missed some of those tiburon curves eh? the firebird is a big car. i saw a red one up close and it's the size of a real sports car. it also looks more like a corvette from the windshield. congratulations all this time i thought you were going for a mustang. well this is a car that isn't played out. i heard one down 29 with an opened exhaust and the thing sounded MEAN.

nice rims as well. i'm sure you'll keep this one and love it so much more than the camaro. i'll definitely have to see it. welcome back to posting, sure everyone remembers you, you still have over 4,000 posts man!
Old 10-31-2006, 05:53 AM

Looks good.. and I like the intake "nostals" I prefer the one piece opening to the dual plane "ram air" some of the cars had.

As for the comment about being the size of a real sports car.. most sports cars are rather small.. ever get up close to a Ferrari or a Porsche? the Firehawk dwarfs them..
Old 10-31-2006, 06:01 AM

Suits you much better than the Z IMO.

When you gonna sell me that lip mang?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:39 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Very nice, congrats.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:39 AM

Location: York. About 2hrs from Philly and 4 hours from Pittsburgh

Now how are you going to go around a corner in that? haha...j/k

nice car...trans am/firebird has always been my favorite "muscle" car. have fun
Old 10-31-2006, 07:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

looks nice! I'm a bit confused though, actually when I was looking at buying the tib I was looking at a 2000 black trans am as well. But didn't even test drive it cause I needed gas mileage.

At that time though I was only aware of the reg. firebird, formula, and trans am. Whats the difference in all of the different upgraded editions? The three upgraded models all have the same engine, all I can tell is the trans am has t tops...well and the firehawk seems to be the most rare. Looks like they just had it for 2000?

ah, looked closer looks like the only difference is T-Tops - Keyless Entry System - Lighted Entry System - Power Antenna when you get the trans am over the firehawk. at least that's all I can tell on edmunds.