Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/automotive-news-other-vehicle-discussions-20/)
-   -   No more Prowler.... (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/automotive-news-other-vehicle-discussions-20/no-more-prowler-9239/)

Random 01-05-2002 05:54 AM

No more Prowler....

Chrysler has announced the last 300 Prowlers to be painted Deep Candy Red

Chrysler has announced the last 2002 model year Prowler.

The Prowler was first available in Prowler Purple only, and the final run of 300 Prowlers will be in Deep Candy Red.
The two-seater roadster first appeared as a concept at the 1993 North American International Auto Show, in Detroit, and a production vehicle was unveiled at the 1996 North American International Auto Show.
The Prowler's Official production began as a 1997 model. The last Prowler will be manufactured in February 2002.

Visionz 01-05-2002 06:13 AM

Damn...that's too bad. sad.gif I really liked the Prowlers. They were a little underpowered, but I actually liked them. Can't wait to see how they look with the new paint color. They were a rare car as it was. I'm sure now they will be even tougher to come by. rolleyes.gif

2001 Accent 01-05-2002 06:44 AM

can we say collectors item!

Viper966 01-05-2002 01:59 PM

they needed a V8 for anybody 2 consider them, a V6 does not make a good weekend fun vehicle, although i have seen people with huge blowers and stuff on them

Viper966 01-06-2002 04:27 PM

BTW the reason the prowler is being discontinued is to make room for the new chevy ssr which will probably be equally as underpowered

Chris H 01-07-2002 03:23 AM

They probably would have had better sales if they put a Corvette motor in it. At least it'd have some testicles.

Chris H 01-07-2002 03:24 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by Viper966:
BTW the reason the prowler is being discontinued is to make room for the new chevy ssr which will probably be equally as underpowered</div>

WTF?

techcontib 01-07-2002 04:04 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>BTW the reason the prowler is being discontinued is to make room for the new chevy ssr which will probably be equally as underpowered</div>
two different car companys the ssr is pretty bad ass.

Iago 01-07-2002 06:21 AM

Alright, as the Prowler is my dreamcar, and having actually been in one, I feel the need to defend it against you nay-sayers, especially now that it is going to become even more difficult for me to acquire one...

a) Take a close look at the engine bay on the Prowler. Do YOU see a way to fit a monster Corvette engine in there??? You might as well go try to shoehorn that 'Vette engine into a PT Cruiser. It's not feasible. True, they COULD have made an 8 to fit the Prowler, but the car wasn't intended to be a speed demon. Dodge already has one of those, and they tagged it the Viper.

cool.gif This car was meant to be fantastical. It was actually ORIGINALLY intended to be a completely open-air roadster. It was ORIGINALLY designed without bumpers or splashguards on the front wheels (as it is, they are removeable). The headlights of the prototype were of the fifties-style roadsters; round chrome lights that stick out from the body, instead of the production version, where they are incorporated into the body. There is an overall package effect that this car was made for...not just the engine, but the complete experience. It's damn pretty to look at. It's damn pretty to sit in. And "even though" it's a shiftronic 6, it's damn pretty to drive.

c) For it's size and weight, the aluminum V6 they put in there DOES give it some ballz. The most ballz they could have crammed into that triangle of an engine bay? No. But sufficient ballz to make it desireable. Unless any of you have actually had the honour of driving one of these machines, I suggest you refrain from labeling it "underpowered."

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Iago ]

Guilty 01-07-2002 06:40 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by Viper966:
BTW the reason the prowler is being discontinued is to make room for the new chevy ssr which will probably be equally as underpowered</div>Actually they are saiding that the ssr is supposed to be around 300hp or so. Who knows I guess we'll have to wait and see.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by Iago:
Dodge already has one of those, and they tagged it the Viper.
</div>

I thought the Prowler was built by Plymouth not Dodge. :D I know I know they are the same.
BTW the one car I'm hoping will come out is the new Dodge Charger.

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Guilty ]