External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Aftermarket headlamp assemblies

Old 03-05-2018, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT
Default Aftermarket headlamp assemblies

Hello,

I am new to the tibby world. I have been exhausting all headlamp assemblies aftermarket for my tiburon. It seems as if no one makes an aftermarket set up thats plug n play. If any of you kind folks have pictures of a set-up or know someone that sells them let me know. Appreciate all input in advance!
Old 03-06-2018, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

The best option would be probably to bake and open your OEM headlights, paint or modify them, bake again and re-seal.

Or get a set off ebay. There's ones with black, silver and chrome bezels

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ights&_sacat=0
Old 03-06-2018, 06:21 AM

Thank you for ypur reply vision, however my current assemblies are fogged and yellowed. I was looking to find something such as spec-d. As for baking them I habe seen first hand it can go wrong. I will check out the ebay listing.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:00 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

If you have an RD1 or RD2, your options will be even more limited. You can check out shark racing, they have options. But, they are quite pricey!
Old 03-06-2018, 09:38 AM

Tibbytib how do I tell if its an rd1 or an rd2? 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2.7l 5spd
Old 03-06-2018, 09:58 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Oh, you have a GK. You should have quite a few options. Well, more so then the RDs!!

Take Visionz advise, go check out eBay if you don't want to bake your own. Or shark racing if have money to burn. ;-)
Old 03-20-2018, 03:16 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra 2012

Originally Posted by PolarBearJon
Thank you for ypur reply vision, however my current assemblies are fogged and yellowed. I was looking to find something such as spec-d. As for baking them I habe seen first hand it can go wrong. I will check out the ebay listing.
Hey Jon, neither Spyder nor Spec-D offers headlights for the '05 Tiburon. If you are not happy with the condition of your factory headlights, you may be interested in replacing them with the factory-style ones. Here is an example - lights by Replace. They feature factory design and are not too pricey. New lights will have brand-new transparent lens, so you will get better visibility on the road. Later on, you may want to open your factory lights to experiment with them. Even if something goes wrong, you will have new lights.

Another way is to restore your lights. You can use one of those restoration kits to remove yellow and faded plastic from the surface.

Hope you will find these ideas helpful!