The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

ICE is about to start tracking license plates across the US

Old 01-26-2018, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default ICE is about to start tracking license plates across the US

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/26/1...lant-solutions

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency has officially gained agency-wide access to a nationwide license plate recognition database, according to a contract finalized earlier this month. The system gives the agency access to billions of license plate records and new powers of real-time location tracking, raising significant concerns from civil libertarians.

I can understand why they're doing this but this is a huge breach of privacy in my eyes.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:07 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I see no problem with this. I'm doing nothing illegal. I could care less if they see my plates once in a while. If this helps law enforcement and ICE find domestic and illegal criminals, I say more power to them.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

see my problem with your logic mang is the idea that you are basically saying it's ok for the .gov to spend millions of dollars of taxpayer money to give you the right to say you arent doing anything wrong.

millions (if not billions) of dollars to constantly monitor everything you do without warrant or reason just so you can say you arent doing anything wrong.

seems wasteful.