Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Ryco air filter or k&n filter

Old 12-28-2017, 05:11 AM
RD1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 coupe
Default Ryco air filter or k&n filter

hi guys so my car 97 coupe been driving bit rough and the air filter looks quite dirty so gonna change it, currently it has a Ryco air filter panel on it which i can buy other one for 30 bucks or should i get one of those K&N air filter panels? which is 70 bucks would it sound different louder?
Old 12-28-2017, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Is this a filter that goes in the stock air box or a round cone filter that goes at the end of an intake?

Either way, the K&N's are reusable and can be washed and cleaned. So once you buy a K&N, it's pretty much the last filter you will ever have to buy probably for the life of the car. You have to buy the recharge kits which can be around $10-20. They just came with solution to clean the filter and oil for it. So it depends on if you want to wash and clean the filter every time it's dirty or if you want to keep buying new filters each time it clogs up. Some people dont want to bother with cleaning the filter so that's why buying a new one every year or two is the preferred method. Other people dont mind the cleaning so they buy the K&N's once and be done with it.

As far as air flow and more power, I don't know much about Ryco's, but K&N's promote the fact that they let the most air flow in and you gain power from using it. How much power is subjective. Will you feel the difference between a Ryco and the K&N in a little 4 banger engine? Most likely not because you're probably only looking at a 2 or 3 HP difference. So I wouldnt buy based on that.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:12 AM
RD1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 coupe

Originally Posted by Visionz
Is this a filter that goes in the stock air box or a round cone filter that goes at the end of an intake?

Either way, the K&N's are reusable and can be washed and cleaned. So once you buy a K&N, it's pretty much the last filter you will ever have to buy probably for the life of the car. You have to buy the recharge kits which can be around $10-20. They just came with solution to clean the filter and oil for it. So it depends on if you want to wash and clean the filter every time it's dirty or if you want to keep buying new filters each time it clogs up. Some people dont want to bother with cleaning the filter so that's why buying a new one every year or two is the preferred method. Other people dont mind the cleaning so they buy the K&N's once and be done with it.

As far as air flow and more power, I don't know much about Ryco's, but K&N's promote the fact that they let the most air flow in and you gain power from using it. How much power is subjective. Will you feel the difference between a Ryco and the K&N in a little 4 banger engine? Most likely not because you're probably only looking at a 2 or 3 HP difference. So I wouldnt buy based on that.

yea just a filter that goes in the stock box thanks for info