Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

instrument dash panel conversion

Old 12-05-2017, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon
Default instrument dash panel conversion

so silly question, i am sure if i took the wiring and played outside of asking i could maybe get this to work... but i want an honest opinion to see if there is a better route to take that avoids wire splicing if i don't have to. so here is my question, can i put an 03 tiburon instrument dash panel (speedometer and such assembly) into my 99 tiburon? would i need to snag some extra wires for the display or what? first time i have reached out for any mechanical help from anyone so please forgive any drag-on or miswording instrument cluster
Old 12-05-2017, 12:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

I have seen it in 1995-2005 Accents, but the clusters on RD Tiburons are very different to the GK Tiburons.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

Originally Posted by Juanra
I have seen it in 1995-2005 Accents, but the clusters on RD Tiburons are very different to the GK Tiburons.

i have noticed some major differences in the cluster between the 99 and 03+. downside 1 would be the cluster not fitting securely if at all in the dash lining, 2 would be the tach and speedometer needles 160 degree to and from rotation that the 03+ has when first starting the vehicle also won't happen, which i am ok with. i only ask because it is becoming increasingly more difficult and tedious to find the 99 tiburon clusters let alone other parts locally, everything is mostly ebay