Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Hit a pothole and now my lights need adjusting

Old 11-05-2017, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Turbo Elantra
Default Hit a pothole and now my lights need adjusting

Hit it on the passenger side and that's the light that needs it. It's lower than the drivers and was never like that until I hit the pothole. Is this a common occurrence that happens if you hit a pothole? It wasnt even that bad but now I wonder if my light is defective because that shouldnt make the light get out of wack so easily.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You need to inspect it carefully. The light housing may have simply been knocked out of alignment or it could have been actually broken from the impact. Also check the alignment of the suspension, because that hard of a hit could knock something crooked in the front end pretty easily.