Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Cleaning the inside of your windshield the right way

Old 10-19-2017, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT
Default Cleaning the inside of your windshield the right way

Hi guys!

I watched an amazing video from ChrisFix on YouTube about the proper way to clean your interior windshield. It's a really thorough process but it'll get it amazingly clean.

1. First clean the outside of the windshield with a clay bar. You want to make sure the outside is clean so that you can see any imperfections on the inside.

2. Wipe down the interior windshield with a clean, dry, microfiber towel. The easiest way to do this is by putting the cloth in your hand, sit facing the passenger seat and reach backwards. Do NOT let the microfiber touch the dashboard. Anything on the dashboard will just transfer to the windshield via the cloth and you'll need to start again. First wipe down in CIRCULAR motions and then UP & DOWN.

3. Use rubbing alcohol on another microfiber cloth and wipe the windshield in CIRCULAR motions. Again, DO NOT let the cloth touch the dash. If you don't have rubbing alcohol one of those Mr. Clean magic erasers that is barely damp will work as well.

4. Spray glass cleaner on another microfiber town and wipe down the windshield in CIRCULAR motions. Remember: the dash is made of lava, don't touch it!

5. Use a 3rd clean, dry microfiber towel in UP & DOWN motions on the windshield to get anything that may have gotten left behind. Again, don't let the cloth touch the dash.

I know just spraying glass cleaner on a towel or straight onto the windshield is an easier way to go but that method will usually leave streaks and residue from the dash cleaner or dust if the dash hasn't been cleaned yet. This process is a lot more thorough but it doesn't take as long as you would think and you'll be surprised at how much cleaner it makes the windshield.

Hope this was helpful!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Sitting backwards is a good idea, thanks
Old 10-21-2017, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT

I always hating cleaning the inside of the windshield just because it's so hard to reach but when I read about doing that way and tried it I was like, "hell yea!"

Originally Posted by Stocker
Sitting backwards is a good idea, thanks