Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Ranger Raptor

Old 09-19-2017, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon
Default Ranger Raptor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__YUso22hmY

I'm looking to buy a new truck soon and this will probably be the one.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I prefer my trucks be able to do truck stuff, like hold a ton of bricks in the bed, tow 9,500 Lbs and cost under $30k, like my F150 XLT.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Most people who want trucks, don't really need 9500lb towing. They just need to carry a few bags of sand, some lumber, and potting soil back to their house. However, I'm betting this truck will come close to having that capacity and being able to tow around their boat or small RV. In which case, this may hit the mark. I don't see it costing under $30k though. Throwing the Raptor badge on a truck tends to add $15k.

You don't have to have one and sacrifice the other. There's no reason you can't tow 10klbs, do farm work, and not go home in a King Ranch, Platinum, or Raptor. Those with that angry mentality are just upset because they had to settle for less (cloth seats). lol
Old 09-20-2017, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

I did say "I", not "most people". Most people use their trucks like lifted cars, never seeing dirt or carrying anything heavier than groceries.

The F150 Raptor Supercab tows only 6,000 Lbs. Doubt the smaller Ranger will tow that much. Problem is the long travel shocks. They have soft valving, decreasing payload.

I'm really starting to pick up on your personality. Every one of your responses to my posts always needs to include some personal jab... "Those with that angry mentality are just upset because they had to settle for less (cloth seats). lol".

I have an XLT supercab because I wanted a work truck. I have a nice car with leather seats (CTS-V). Don't need them in the truck I drive in the dirt. I got the supercab because my car has 4 doors and I wanted the 6.5' bed without the longer wheelbase. Only options it has is the "Mid" package, Max Towing package, locking 3.55 rear diff and Chrome package (which I actually didn't want). Paid $26K for it brand new. It's already towed 4 cars from Cali to Vegas, hauled cars around Vegas, picked up sheets of diamond plate and hauled a few loads of gravel.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

8,000lb capacity in the supercab.

http://www.tfltruck.com/2017/02/2017...payload-specs/

That's 2 Tiburons on a flatbed. More than you'll ever need to haul.

How do you know this truck doesn't have adjustable valving? Or why can you not add airbags, or stiffer rear shocks if towing is your livelyhood? Like I said, this truck will do all the work you've done as it sits with a bumper hitch. In addition, you'll feel comfortable in the premium heated/cooled seats with navigation, sunroof, bluetooth, or whatever else they add to the premium truck. There's a reason why your near-base truck cost $26k and the Raptors/KR/Plats/Limited's cost $10k more.

I picked up on your responses years ago. You know, the across the board negativity to every post....ever.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JonGTR

That's the Crew Cab. Supercab is 6,000.

How do you know this truck doesn't have adjustable valving? Or why can you not add airbags, or stiffer rear shocks if towing is your livelyhood? Like I said, this truck will do all the work you've done as it sits with a bumper hitch. In addition, you'll feel comfortable in the premium heated/cooled seats with navigation, sunroof, bluetooth, or whatever else they add to the premium truck. There's a reason why your near-base truck cost $26k and the Raptors/KR/Plats/Limited's cost $10k more.

Like I said, twice now, "I". I don't want all that crap in a truck. That's what my CTS-V is for.

I picked up on your responses years ago. You know, the across the board negativity to every post....ever.

I make plenty of posts that aren't negative. You just gravitate towards negativity because heaven forbid someone post an opinion you don't agree with. Most people would simply engage in conversation, but you always need to post how my opinion is clearly incorrect and I must be an idiot for not sharing your opinion... And for some reason, you always add that little personal jab. What's that about?
Old 09-28-2017, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tiburon GT

Ford has this $100K super duty coming out

http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/1...tag-nears-100k
Old 09-28-2017, 10:28 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Dumb. I'll keep my frontier till the wheels fall off.