Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

If you have knock off or fake wheels, how are they holding up?

Old 09-12-2017, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Elantra
Default If you have knock off or fake wheels, how are they holding up?

Everybody debates between fake wheels and real ones. I ride around with knock offs and I dont care. They have held up great for the last 4 years with no bends, breaks or anything else. Who else rides with wheels that are not thousands of dollars each and they still are great?
Old 09-14-2017, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

I have "Real" wheels, Reps and OEM wheels. Honestly I'd rather purchase a set of old "Real" wheels over a set of reps, personally. For a couple hundred more I could have a decent set of cool Japanese wheels, or buy a set of nice OEM takeoffs for about the same price, if not cheaper. Plus they will typically keep their value better than reps.

I have Reps on my GTI currently, it was the only way to get the style wheel I wanted as they're styled after wheels on an Audi concept car. I've owned them probably close to 4 years now, only problem is the finish is looking pretty worn. Plus they're still the only set I've seen in 18's. My A8L has OEM+ Audi wheels on it, although it was supposed to have a set of Weds on it by now.. dude who imported them screwed up (long story haha), and the MK1 has some "Real" old school Epsilon Mesh wheels going on it soon.

At the end of the day roll what ya got, what you can afford, and simply enjoy them. It's going to be sitting in your garage and you're the one who's going to be paying the most attention to it. So do whatever makes you happy.

Too many people judging what others are doing with their cars nowadays. So, make it cool, but more importantly make it for you. Do what you want to your car unless it's sketchy and unsafe in which case consider a different modification or part lol

Good discussion we had a little while back on the same Real/Fake wheel subject. https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...e-fake-wheels/
Old 09-14-2017, 08:04 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by Zekkal
At the end of the day roll what ya got, what you can afford, and simply enjoy them. It's going to be sitting in your garage and you're the one who's going to be paying the most attention to it. So do whatever makes you happy.

Too many people judging what others are doing with their cars nowadays. So, make it cool, but more importantly make it for you. Do what you want to your car unless it's sketchy and unsafe in which case consider a different modification or part lol

Well stated!
Old 09-14-2017, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I've been riding on reps for the last 4 years with no issues. Buy what you like and rock them proudly.