HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Melted Connectors at I/P Junction Box 05 Tucson

Old 09-11-2017, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tucson 2.0
Default Melted Connectors at I/P Junction Box 05 Tucson

Hello! I have what I'm sure is not a totally unique situation, but desperately could use some help! The 'D' and 'F' connectors on the backside of the I/P Junction box, located on the left underside of the dash, fried themselves beyond recognition, melting the wires and the junction box. Don't know exactly why, however got a used box and connectors. Now here's the rub....I don't know which wires to solder some of them to. When I cut back the tape wrapping on the main harness, there are multiple red, yellow, brown and whatever wires, that all appear so close in color, they can't be distinguished, and don't have markings or chasers! I have a purple or pink wire in the new 'D' and I see no purple or pink in the harness, but figured if I new which wire and pin powers what, I can run continuity on them and no matter what color they are, if they're in the right location, firing the correct component, who cares what color the wire insulation is! I am looking some kind of schematic, diagram, (another 05 Tucson to use as an example!!), pictures, whatever; for pin location and wire color, and what each pin location powers so I can get the circuits back to the right component. Bought a subscription to All Data Diy, and after about 6 hours of "research" couldn't find it. I/P D is 16 hole connector, and I/P F is 18, with some circuits left blank. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-12-2017, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Sometimes the wires will have different widths of stripes, sometimes they will have different patterns of stripes. If you are using an LED flashlight, try to get an old school incandescent one because that may be enough for the colors to look distinguishably-different. https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/ may be what you are looking for. It used to be free, and at that time it did have wiring diagrams for my car.

Maybe you should contact your dealer and see if there was a recall for this on your model?
Old 09-12-2017, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tucson 2.0

Thank you, I was using LED light. I'll try the incandescent. And that site.