External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Meguiars PlastX for headlights

Old 08-10-2017, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Accent
Default Meguiars PlastX for headlights

My headlights are starting to haze up a little (it is an 18 year old car after all) and somebody mentioned to me that Meguiars has this stuff called Plastx. I looked on their website to learn a little more but is there anyone that has used it with good results? It's going for $6 on Amazon so it's not exactly a wallet killer.

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...leaner-polish/

This easy-to-use, rich gel formula quickly restores optical clarity to both rigid and flexible clear plastics. Cutting-edge advancements in Meguiar’s® exclusive Microscopic Diminishing Abrasive™ Technology (MDAT) remove light oxidation, chemical degradation, surface contamination, stains and light surface scratches with ease.

Thanks all.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I use it. There are lots of products that work. Some use toothpaste. It's just a mild abrasive. You can also use wet sandpaper with varying grits. But, none of them will prevent the haze from coming back soon after. For that, you'll need a UV sealer, which WILL break your wallet.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Agreed. It works well and is easy to use, but results don't last long.