Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Rear diffusers

Old 05-30-2017, 04:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe

Drive your stock Wagon and be cool then
Old 05-30-2017, 04:23 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

It's only getting a full first-gen conversion (door trim is coming off), Superturismos, some drilled/slotted rotors. It's already sitting on Eibach springs and has an hell of an awesome rear spoiler. Maybe, maybe a supercharger for the extra kick but I'm not sure. Maybe some 4,000k HID's. But that's it man.

Trust me. It'll look tasteful. Classy. Not dopey. I don't do things that are dopey.

I can't work on the Tiburon and do the F2 conversion right now because I have to ship it to Poland first. But I can't do anything until I have the front bumper and everything depends on my contact.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Filling those holes under the door trim is going to be a huge pita...
Old 05-31-2017, 06:35 AM

There are holes in them? Damnit I thought they were just glued like in other cars? Worst comes to worst, I can pick up some new doors for $20/each. These parts are ridiculously cheap in Poland, but they would need to be painted. I'm willing to do that if that's what it takes lol.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:38 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

Wow this thread went all over the place. lol

My addition is I'm a firm believer in functional add-ons. Does a splitter make sense on a daily driven car that rarely if ever see's any form of track? Hell no. Does it make sense on a car that regularly sees Rally driving? Hell No. Does it make sense on a car that regularly sees a drag strip? Hell No. Does it make sense on a car that regularly sees road course duty? Yup, only if the car has the horsepower to really take advantage of the aero mods. If your running a normally aspirated car that struggles to reach and maintain speeds above around 120-130 MPH don't bother.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Yeah there's like 4 or 5 holes per door. Lets go more off topic, do you have any proof that the Elantra wagon was designed by ItalDesign?
Old 05-31-2017, 12:23 PM

Lol sorry I just thought I'd put a stick in this thread's hive.

Very little. There used to be a list of companies circa mid-90's on the ItalDesign website which partnered with ItalDesign facilities back when ItalDesign was state-of-the-art and it was cheaper to partner with them. I know Toyota had TTE, but emerging manufacturers like SEAT and Hyundai didn't have their own in-house design/engineering facilities. I know for a fact SEAT and Hyundai were on that list. That's my only lead. The 90's designs are too good to be anything other than ItalDesign during that time, which was the best in the world at the time.

The only other people who could carry out the 90's range designs are Porsche. The Boxster, 911 are very similar from the hood, fenders, even the instrument gauges are similar. The designs were too advanced for its time that's for sure.

A lot of the 90's designs such as the interior panels are being used in today's Hyundais.