Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Rear diffusers

Old 05-25-2017, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 98 Tiburon
Default Rear diffusers

Anyone ever tried their hand at making a homemade rear diffuser for their cars? How did you do it and what material did you build it out of?
Old 05-26-2017, 05:21 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe

Front splitter is ready, rear diffuser coming soon
Old 05-26-2017, 05:43 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I think diffusers are a complete fad. C'mon. Look at this, nice, clean, and beautiful.

What happened to these days? ...devoured by dumbo diffusers and add-on plastic crap. Keep it simple and original guys. Don't make your 90's'licious cars belong in the 2017's by adding trendy crap plastic decorations. That's rice. Don't destroy flow of the curves. It's two different eras of design. Keep it original and simple. That's the way it ought to be. Clean and simple, not craptastic plastic that should never be on there to begin with.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:57 PM
Banned

That's your opinion, brother !

You don't like splitters and diffusers and I don't like wagon elantras...ugly as hell if you ask me Also this crap for a project car ...

If you want to race your car you must do the mods that work at the track. You can't keep it simple, cause you will be the "original" last car. There are mods for drag cars, drift cars, track cars and so on.

There is a lot of stuff about car aerodynamics so you might check it out before saying it's rice
Old 05-28-2017, 05:45 PM

Are you referring to my new Elantra Wagon? Well, I think the 2000 facelift is ugly but that's why I'm doing the conversion. I think the original is a beauty. The headlights remind me of a Viper. The Wagon is a great car to drive as well as to own. No it's not a sports car. It's a sports wagon. Like the Elantra Touring. Have you driven one? The U.S. version has 17's and it's got stiff suspension. It feels absolutely great on the road and it's a lot of fun to drive. I think wagons don't look great but this one makes it work and the Touring looks great too.

Pavel you think this is ugly? Which cars inspire you? I really love the look of the old Ferraris, the old Dodge Vipers, Toyota Supras, Nissan Skylines, old Mitsubishi Lancers...etc. Those are all cars with soul. I won't even turn my head for the new Porsches because they've just got no soul. It's not the same.

I think it looks sleek and beautiful and you can see one from miles away. It's also fully functional. The seats fold all the way down creating a flat bed if you need to haul stuff. It feels awesome driving as opposed to most all new cars. It was designed in ItalDesign, the cream of the crop my friend.

I will call a fad out. Sticker bombing was one of those things ...and now when I see a Ferrari with a front lip or diffuser, it makes me realize even more that Enzo is no longer alive to make beautiful cars...

This my friend is a true car with a soul. One for the history books. The last design Enzo saw all the way through before he passed away.

Fast forward:

This however, looks like absolute crap. What happened to sexy bodies? Instead, we have inserts with no direction, no flow. Chaos. The whole design is lost.

If you like mixing and matching the best of the 1990's with the best of the 2017's, power to you man but I'm saying it shouldn't be done. Let me give you this metaphor: It's like ...............Metal Gear Solid 1 VS. Metal Gear Survive after Hideo Kojima left Konami.

You really want to destroy these nice pretty curves with some rear plastic square stuff? Really?

Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I really am. I'm starting to think I'm the crazy guy.

The Elantra, Accent, and Tiburon arose from the HCD 1, 2, and 3:

No where in any of them are diffusers. Absolutely no where. By adding them you're sort of disinheriting these cars of their righteousness and flipping off their designers. Choice is yours.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:43 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Coupe\Tib RD 2

Cars are a hell of a lot faster now than they were, both in cornering and straight lines. Diffusers and splitters ect, when done right, are massive improvements to a car, but one that everyday drivers really dont warrant.

Id have a big splitter and so on if a properly made and measured one was available.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:38 PM
Banned

Yep, this Elantra is ugly as f*ck! f*cking fish tank from every angle. If you buy it for your granny it's ok, but for a project car...

I don't get how this thing can inspire you.

My splitter is not plastic Why don't tell the Hyundai rally team that their car is rice and they destroy all the stock beauty ?!

Let's be honest the RD1 front bumper is nothing special. The F2 Evo is something very different and thanks to you I own one !!!

If we talk about the driving pleassure I can guarantee you that with a good aero package the car feels A LOT better.

[media]https://www.instagram.com/p/BUVGB4Vha-C/?taken-by=_blitzy[/media]
Old 05-30-2017, 02:11 PM

The Elantra Wagon is a family car. I think it's okay to tune a wagon. The Elantra Touring is one of those cars that combines form with function.

Cars are a hell of a lot faster now than they were, both in cornering and straight lines. Diffusers and splitters ect, when done right, are massive improvements to a car, but one that everyday drivers really dont warrant.

Id have a big splitter and so on if a properly made and measured one was available.

Correct, cars of now. But not cars of the 90's. But still, cars like the Genesis Coupe shouldn't have diffusers. They don't go 200+mph. Toyota Supras and Nissan Skylines of the 90's did just fine without them.

I think these cars looked much better, more original, and more similar to production models than cars of today.

Beautiful, gorgeous and no stupid ass diffusers.

YES I would tell them that. WRC cars are SUPPOSED to look like production cars to encourage sales, build enthusiasm, and test the actual products.

Imagine if Subaru Imprezas or Mitsubishi Lancer WRC's looked absolutely nothing like the production cars. They wouldn't be successful. Instead, the production cars looked IDENTICAL to their WRC counterparts. They have a HUGE and devoted fanbase because of it. Their cars can be found in just about EVERY car show. From 22B Imprezas, to Makinen Edition EVO's, they have rally-bred souls. Am I not correct?

The WRC cars now have strayed SO far from factory versions, that people don't even know their cars are racing! Let alone, do they really care anymore.

Beautiful. No diffusers.

Beautiful. No diffusers.

Now it looks like the batmobile. Sure, okay, I understand the aero science, but let's make WRC look nothing like homologated cars.

WRC should be about racing production cars in the rally arena. That's what it originally was. Not flippin' F1 or DTM.

If we talk about the driving pleassure I can guarantee you that with a good aero package the car feels A LOT better.

https://www.instagra...aken-by=_blitzy

That thing's gonna fall off, you're gonna hit a curb, and you can be rest assured that your car will incur damage sooner or later. Aside from the potential damage, I think it as well as the fender flares devour the look of the car. I think it would look a lot nicer without them, function or not.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:40 PM
Banned

The only beaty here is the Kit Coupe

We are different people and we like different things. There is no way that we can all agree with your opinion.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:54 PM

Sure. I just don't understand your vantage point because you have no valid argument. It's pretty easy to understand mine.

Some people say the HCD 1 looks like sh*t and that I'm crazy. I say it looks wicked awesome.

Am I really crazy? Sometimes I get the feeling that everyone else is crazy.

The 1999 SEAT Cordoba WRC is a beauty. The 1999 Subaru Impreza RS is also a beauty. The 2001 Accent WRC is a proper looking rally car granted I think the 1999 rear wing served justice and the 2001 wing has no balls:

You can't say that none of these cars are badass-looking, and I don't understand how someone can say that today's WRC cars are better-looking. I don't think they are by all means including diffusers. Diffusers are found on every car everywhere. By adding them you're just being like everyone else. Fad. There's n originality. It's not clean. It's clutter.