External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Any tips on using paint pens?

Old 05-23-2017, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default Any tips on using paint pens?

Some rocks got kicked up by a construction truck on a road I was on the other day. Luckily only one small rock hit my car but it left a really small chip in the paint. I ordered a twin pack of paint pens. One has my paint color and the other has clear coat. I've never used these before so what are the steps I can take to make sure it looks good?
Old 05-24-2017, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT

There is an absolutely incredible video about touching up paint chips on YouTube. Do it when you have some time on your hands because it takes patience. It's called "Paint Chip Touch-Up" by /Drive Clean. They also have a guide you can get here: https://www.ammonyc.com/detailing/paint-chip-touch-up/

It wasn't made specifically with paint pens in mind but instead of dabbing a toothpick in a can of paint like he does, you could just use the paint pen and then the clear coat pen.

Originally Posted by lakis
Some rocks got kicked up by a construction truck on a road I was on the other day. Luckily only one small rock hit my car but it left a really small chip in the paint. I ordered a twin pack of paint pens. One has my paint color and the other has clear coat. I've never used these before so what are the steps I can take to make sure it looks good?