Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Cruise control

Old 03-20-2017, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default Cruise control

Hello. I have a 2001 5 speed tiburon. The car's airbags had been deployed when I bought it, with no evidence of an accident. I replaced the dash w/pass airbag, clock spring, drivers airbag and airbag control module. The cruise was also not working at the time, so i figured it had to do with having an airbag light. Once the airbags where addressed, and I no longer had the light, I was hoping cruise would work again. Well I didnt get so lucky, and Ive been chasing my tail trying to figure out why. Ive done all of the troubleshooting I could find in the FSM. I.E. checking fuse, clutch/brake switch operations and position, ohming out the vacuum pump motor, jumpering the pump motor to run (which it does), testing the vacuum actuator. All of the tail lights are good. I even swapped another cruise module from a know working cruise 5 speed car. light comes on for the dash cruise button, but never see "cruise" light when pushing set. Does anyone have any ideas or know which wires i need to test the set button?
Old 03-20-2017, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Silly questions first: you tested this on the road and it doesn't work? Are you sure the lamp is good for the indicator that's not lighting? Are the stop lamps incandescent or LED?

You may be interested in this: http://imgur.com/a/k33Gm it's for a 2000 Elantra which (if memory serves) is basically the same car, and the schematics are for automatic trans, but might point you in a useful direction

edit to add: save those if you want them, I don't trust imgur to leave them up for the long term if nobody looks at them
Old 03-21-2017, 08:07 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Coupe\Tib RD 2

as above, the cruise will not trigger below a set speed, (its 30mph in the UK).

It's also possible to hack up a k-line OBD cable and get a read on the Cruise ecu.

EDIT: Here's a PERMANENTLY hosted copy of the service manuals. - http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/coupe/
Old 03-21-2017, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Cheers, good job remembering the newtonnet archive!
Old 03-21-2017, 05:59 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Coupe\Tib RD 2

Originally Posted by Stocker
Cheers, good job remembering the newtonnet archive!
Matt is still pretty active on the UK coupe sites, hes got an Siii now though
Old 03-21-2017, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Stocker
Silly questions first: you tested this on the road and it doesn't work? Are you sure the lamp is good for the indicator that's not lighting? Are the stop lamps incandescent or LED?

You may be interested in this: http://imgur.com/a/k33Gm it's for a 2000 Elantra which (if memory serves) is basically the same car, and the schematics are for automatic trans, but might point you in a useful direction

edit to add: save those if you want them, I don't trust imgur to leave them up for the long term if nobody looks at them

Originally Posted by Im Going Space
as above, the cruise will not trigger below a set speed, (its 30mph in the UK).

Yes. attempts were done on the highway going 65-70mph. tail light bulbs are in fact incandescent.

I am unsure if the cruise bulb itself is any good. The system itself still does nothing when i hit set. If that bulb is bad, would it keep the system from turn on?
Old 03-21-2017, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Im Going Space
It's also possible to hack up a k-line OBD cable and get a read on the Cruise ecu.

EDIT: Here's a PERMANENTLY hosted copy of the service manuals. - http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/coupe/

I am unsure of what you mean with the obd cable. Would definitely need to get some more instruction.

I am aware of the newtonnet site. I have used it quite frequently since buying the car. I especially love the IPL! has saved me a ton of time and money!