Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

If you cant hear speakers and subs in person, how do you determine what's good?

Old 03-01-2017, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default If you cant hear speakers and subs in person, how do you determine what's good?

Normally I would go to some places that sell car audio and listen to speakers and subs but if you're buying online or from a place not near you, how do you determine what's good without hearing it for yourself?
Old 03-01-2017, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

Online reviews usually work well for me. I always ignore the best and worst reviews. So if a site has a 0-5 star review system I skip 5 and 0. Compare the volume of 4 stars to 1 star. Then for every 4-star review I read I make sure to read 3 1-star reviews. If I'm not turned off or scared away normally ill go for it.

I skip 5-stars as they are usually the vendor or people who are complimenting the shipping speed and haven't actually tested it. And I skip 0-star because it's usually people venting about customer service, shipping speed, etc and not the product itself.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^ pretty much this