Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Post Your favorite Turbo Tiburon Vids!

Old 03-01-2017, 07:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Originally Posted by MaverickLC
Everything OEM, and didn’t have any problems. My setup was OEM ECU + piggy + dual rail and just one day for no reason it started to go on 8000rpm

On stock camshaft setup it really doesn’t have any point reving it so high because it was actually slower if I rev it to 8000rpm then to shift on 7000rpm
So you are saying that it was a fluke and you did not run it to 8krpm very much?

Yes, on a stock cam and port setup it isn't worth reving that high, but I've seen plenty of modified head dynos needing at least 7500 to hit the peak power.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Coupe

Originally Posted by JonGTR
So you are saying that it was a fluke and you did not run it to 8krpm very much?

Yes, on a stock cam and port setup it isn't worth reving that high, but I've seen plenty of modified head dynos needing at least 7500 to hit the peak power.

I just had to hit rev limiter in first gear for two times and after that it was going to 8000rpm every time without any problem. When I turned car off I had to do it again, hit rev limiter in first gear twice (7000rpm) and after that it would go to 8000rpm