Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

People getting rid of their nitrous tanks

Old 01-25-2017, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Tiburon FX
Default People getting rid of their nitrous tanks

I have been hearing of more and more people selling off or removing their nitrous setups and not using it anymore. I get that it can be expensive if you're always having to refill tanks or because not a lot of places sell nitrous to refill them. I think that people are seeing it's better to do a turbo or procharger than to use nitrous. Soon you will probably only see it in drag racing instead of street cars.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Personally, I think nitrous is a great option for those that don't want to heavily mod their car. I'd add nitrous to the Avalon for a quick boost, but I'd never throw a turbo on it.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Just think over a course of a year how many times you get a bottle refilled if you use it a lot. That's a lot of money that go towards a turbo and have constant power.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I raced my Tib alot, that's why I eventually TC'd it. But, I would never do it to a daily.