Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Fuel Filter

Old 12-31-2016, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: '03 Tib GT
Default Fuel Filter

So, I changed the fuel filter on my '03 GT but now it won't start. Here's the thing, I put everything back the way it's supposed to go, however I noticed the filter was slightly different than the one I just removed upon further inspection. My original looked like a 31911 2C000 and the new one looks like a 31911 2D000. Could this be the issue?
Old 12-31-2016, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If the filter was dry and the lines dripped their gas out, you will need to run the pump for longer than usual until the fuel replaces the air in the lines. If you let it sit with the key in the Run position for several seconds, and then let it sit there cranking the starter for what seems like too long, it should start. I would say you should crack the line open somewhere, possibly by disconnecting near the rail, and letting the pump run without trying to start the car until gas comes out . . . but honestly I'd just try to let it prime itself first if it were me. If you do decide to try to bleed the line, be sure to take great care to not let gas spray everywhere.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:57 PM

So the filters being slightly different won't effect it?
Old 01-02-2017, 10:05 AM

I took the filter back to the dealer. They ordered me the right one, no charge.

Now to get it started...