External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

California Dusters

Old 12-12-2016, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default California Dusters

Will these things cause scratches on your car by wiping away dust? I had my paint detailed and all of the swirls removed so it looks brand new. I need something to help get rid of dust. Anybody that has one of these things, let me know how well it works without messing up the paint.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

I have been using the same California Duster for the last 10 or so years on both colored and black cars and it does not scratch the paint. They are impregnated with some type of paraffin wax and the first few times you use it it may leave streaks from the wax. I kept mine wrapped in newspaper for awhile to absorb any excess wax but that clears up quickly. Don't use it on a car that has been sitting in the sun or it will leach some wax and leave streaks. Mine has never been washed and works as well today as when I first got it. I have also tried some cheap knockoffs and they were OK for a year or so but seem to lose their ability to lift the dust properly and just leave dust streaks.