The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Really starting to hate NY more and more

Old 11-29-2016, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Really starting to hate NY more and more

NY auto inspections will now include check of tinted windows

On Monday, Governor Andrew Cuomo approved an additional vehicle check during annual state inspections.

In June, the Senate passed a bill that would require auto inspection shops to check if a vehicle's windows are tinted with any material that lets less than 70 percent of the outside light to pass inside. Cuomo approved this new vehicle check Monday night. If windows are too dark, the entire vehicle will now fail an inspection.

In total, Cuomo vetoed 72 bills Monday night. See the full list here.

Out Gov. is a bag of dicks! A billion other things wrong with this state, and he chooses to pass this.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Wow, 70%! That's pretty shitty. Move already!
Old 11-29-2016, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I would never live in California or NY.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

It's likely to do with police safety.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:48 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

lol yes cuz nontinted windows have prevented cops from getting shot.

it's a tax for being a motorist. nothing more.

i bet police cars are exempt from this rule too huh
Old 12-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Shops in the area are now starting to receive their tint meters in time before the 1st. So, as the law stands now...

- Your windshield and front drivers and passenger window can not have any less than 70% light transmission, which is pretty much what factory glass is direct from the manufacturer

- Many tint shops are offering deals where they will peel your tint, allow you to get inspected and then offer a 40-60% discount to come back and have the windows re-tinted

- Cops have changed the way they are doing things as well, which means that if you are caught with tinted windows, not only will you receive a ticket but they are also impounding vehicles for it too.

- State lawmakers are trying to amend the law by making it so that ALL windows must have 70% light, which means that if your back windows or glass comes factory tinted, you will have to spend the money for all new clear glass or to have a shop peel the factory tint.

- The only away around it is to have a medical note from the doctor that says you must have tinted window. But the state DMV is making you jump through hoops and making it very very difficult.

- Politicians are saying that the reason for this law and why it's part of annual inspections now is to help police and prevent them from getting shot if someone has a gun behind dark windows

So yeah....did I mention how badly NY sucks donkey dick? Glad I have a 5 year plan to get the hell out of here. And they wonder why NY comes in DEAD LAST for people wanting to live or retire here and why a mass number of the population is leaving in huge quantities. We are known to be the nanny state with many freedoms being taken away one law at a time.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:30 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I too believe it's a tax for motorists.

Hey man I have been living in Poland for 3 years now. The U.S. has got its problems, but here in Poland you work your ass off 6 days per week for $500-$800/month. My salary is like $4,800/year man. There's no future here. There's no career here. It's all based on surviving from one month to the next. That's all your life amounts to here. The weather SUCKS ass here too. 95% of the time it's overcast. There are some major corrupt cops here too man. You will not have done anything, and they'll fine your ass for any damn reason they can think of.

The only thing good about here is most of the girls are super damn hot and you can pick up anyone of them you please.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I don't think it's even approaching reasonable to expect factory-tinted windows to be 70%. Anyone proposing that hasn't been shopping for a new car recently.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Manufacturers should be against the amendment to the law, because that means they would have to go through much more work just to ship vehicles to NY alone. This state just makes no sense at times.