Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

What do you mostly look for when shopping for new wheels?

Old 11-28-2016, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default What do you mostly look for when shopping for new wheels?

Going to use some of my tax return money to buy new wheels and since there are endless choices, I can't really decide on what to get. Do you all have specific criteria when shopping around? Looks or design? Color? Strength? Name brand? Size? Price? It makes things difficult when you have a budget you want to sick with but you also have certain specifics on what the wheel should look like and how strong it will hold up on a daily driver.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Depends on the car you're putting them on. If it's an old school car, or classic, then you may want to put on some kind of rare OEM style. If it's a modern beater that you may trade in after a year or two, then something cheap may work. If it's a car you plan to keep forever, then investing in $2k+ wheels may be worth the investment.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I just stay away from low pressure cast wheels. I would say just avoid all Chinese/Taiwanese wheel, but even the big names have started moving production there. I basically go out of my way to research the quality. Looks and price are secondary concerns.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:46 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Quality (to a point), style/design and then price.