External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

One HID is brighter than than the other

Old 11-27-2016, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Tib I4
Default One HID is brighter than than the other

I havent diagnosed the problem yet but my drivers side HID light is brighter than the passenger side. I'm going to first try swapping bulbs to see if that's the issue. If not, then I'll try swapping the balasts. If that doesn't work and the drivers side is still brighter, than what else could it be that would be causing the passenger side to be not as bright?
Old 11-28-2016, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Do as you plan, if that doesn't sort it out (I suspect it will) you should probably relay the headlights.
Old 12-25-2016, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Originally Posted by NJ_DRIVER
I havent diagnosed the problem yet but my drivers side HID light is brighter than the passenger side. I'm going to first try swapping bulbs to see if that's the issue. If not, then I'll try swapping the balasts. If that doesn't work and the drivers side is still brighter, than what else could it be that would be causing the passenger side to be not as bright?
Generally ballasts either work or not. All HID bulbs lose brightness over time, the 55w moreso than the 35w.

It's probablyy time to replace your bulbs.

Here's a chart to give you an idea of lost brightness output over time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hidoutputcurve.jpg (40.8 KB, 2 views)