Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Elantra Owner

Old 10-28-2016, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra GLS Wagon
Default Elantra Owner

Hello All,

Great to be part of Hyundai aftermarket! I own a 2000 Elantra GLS Wagon and I have a hard time finding upgrades for it. I'm not trying to change it all that much but I want to drop the car about 1.5 inches, and if I can find one.... and that's a big IF a BETA engine supercharger from Alpine. I am really late to the game but I dream about putting this on my Elantra which I have named Turnip head. Any support would be appreciated I am always trying to find people that are as interested in this year/model/make as I am. Looking forward to seeing if I can find some good contacts and maybe the parts I am looking for.

Thanks,

Tadpols

Old 10-28-2016, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Nice looking wagon!
Old 10-28-2016, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It doesn't expand your options all that much, but be advised that everything mechanical for same model-year Tiburons will fit your car - they're the same car with different bodies.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Also, keep in mind that the Alpine S/C gives pretty limited power unless you plan to really re-work it and mod it. In fact, someone back in the day had an Elantra with the Alpine S/C and he actually LOST power with it installed.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^really? I wasn't there for that. I've heard the opposite, that it wasn't exactly impressive but it did give you a kick.

REALLY awesome to see an Elantra Wagon on here. I LOVE those cars. It's also a great thing to see factory roof cross bars. Which brings me to the question, do you have the keys to them? Do you know a way I could get a hold of some?

http://www.shox.com/appguide/shoxsho...ctsdisplay.php

I'll tell you what. Order some B+G springs and you will not be disappointed. They are an excellent spring from Sweden. shox.com service was really great too man.

I also recommend Bilstein B4 shocks: http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...7&autoModClar=

These are the ones I'm getting.