Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Remote Controls

Old 10-26-2016, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default Remote Controls

Does anybody ever actually use the remote control that came with their radios? I think it's the dumbest thing you can have because radio controls are only an arms length away. Why would you need to use a remote unless you need to control the radio from outside the car or from the back street.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I thought about integrating it into the car in a custom console, but then I realized that it's <1 arm reach away so I skipped it. I know I still have it, but I'm not sure where it is. The only time I can see it making sense is at a dB drag or other danger-loud audio competition.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:14 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

On the Genesis, it's nice to have steering wheel controls because then you don't even have to take your eyes off the road. If you have the ability add aftermarket steering controls for your radio, do it. But yeah, remotes are old school and they usually just sit around in a center console or somewhere else not being used.