Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Mom Lets Seven Year Old Drive, Posts Video To YouTube

Old 10-18-2016, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Sonata
Default Mom Lets Seven Year Old Drive, Posts Video To YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF1qTt6pUyo

Deputies: Woman let 7-year-old drive, posted video to social media

Seminole County, FL — A Seminole County woman is facing child-neglect charges after deputies say she let a 7-year-old boy drive a vehicle, then posted a video of it to social media.

Kwaniqua Glenn, 34, is accused of video-recording the boy driving while she was in the passenger seat.

The Seminole County Sheriff’s Office was alerted to the video on social media by a school resource officer who saw it and recognized the child as a student at the school to which he’s assigned, deputies said. They said she met the boy at his bus stop and told him to get behind the wheel and drive through the neighborhood.

Investigators think the driving incident happened sometime around Sept. 20 in unincorporated Altamonte Springs. Based on viewing the video, deputies estimate that the boy drove for about .3 to .4 mile at an average speed of about 29 mph during one .2-mile stretch.

No property was damaged and no one was injured.

Glenn was arrested Thursday morning and was charged with child neglect. She bonded out of jail late Thursday night.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Cool mom. We weren't allowed to drive real cars until we were 8 years old.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:05 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I think every parent (at least a dad) has let their kid drive at least once when they were young.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

This was totally normal where I grew up, but most kids were only allowed to drive on gravel roads. I got my first truck when I was 12.