Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Remote start on a manual

Old 10-02-2016, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default Remote start on a manual

With cold weather season upon us I keep thinking I want to get a remote start on my car but it's a manual 6 speed. I dont plan on driving my car a whole lot this winter and will try to keep it in my garage as much as possible but is there anyone on here who also have a manual with a remote start installed? How do you remember to always keep it in neutral with the parking brake on? That would be my biggest fear in forgetting to do that and it crashing into something when I start it.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:15 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

I would recommend getting the "clutch bypass module" (might not be the actual name). That puts you through a routine that helps make sure the car is left in neutral or the remote start will not work, and is the better idea.

That being said, I'm not smart and I didn't do that, I just bypassed the clutch sensor. Doing it that way it's likely you will start the car while in gear. I did maybe 5 times in the 10 years I owned mine. If the parking brake is fully engaged mine wouldn't move but about 5-10 inches. Still enough to do damage, and not good for the car, but it not like it's going to show you its best self driving car impression. Also if you do this you need to let anyone who uses you car about it, namely mechanics.

If you're not planning on the "bypass module" one thing I did was to have both feet out of the car before turning off the engine.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:33 AM

Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon turbo/ 2001 Tiburon(sold)

I have a remote start on a 5 speed. you can connect a safety switch to the hand brake so it will not work unless hand brake is engaged. an installer can easily do this. it as also usually done on the hood so cant start if opened. Can also consider a neutral safety switch so if not in neutral will not work
Old 12-22-2016, 05:16 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Hyundai Tucson

Viper makes a remote start for manual transmissions you need to go through a bunch of procedures before you get out of the car.