Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Headlights are getting cloudy

Old 09-28-2016, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Elantra
Default Headlights are getting cloudy

Realized last night that my headlights are not looking so new anymore. They're getting cloudy and hazy. I know there are a billion different products in stores that say they can clear that up and make them look new again but I also read last night that you can use toothpaste to clear headlights. Before I look like an idiot wasting toothpaste and smearing it all over my lights, does anyone know for sure if that actually works? If not, I'll just go buy one of those said billions of products that supposedly can work.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

Yes toothpaste works to a degree..

Here's another thread from earlier this year, as I said in it, I personally used one of the Red 3M Kits for a little under $20 if I remember correct.

Whatever you do, you need to seal them after you polish or the haze will come right back again but even quicker, it's caused by UV Rays breaking down the Plastic.