Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

What did you think of the debate last night?

Old 09-27-2016, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 V6 Tib
Default What did you think of the debate last night?

Safe to say they are both complete idiots. Not really too sure who won the debate but I can say America loses with one of these two in office.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I thought Trump was clearly winning through the beginning, but then kind of tapered off when he was asked the hard questions aimed directly toward his past. Clinton did well in the middle, but the last 3-4 questions were clearly attacking Trump, with Hillary getting in on it. Holt fact-checked quite a bit, which I guess is fine, but he did so 4-5 times against Trump and I don't recall one time with Hillary. Trump had to fact-check her by interrupting. Holt didn't ask her any of the hard questions like Bengazi, emails, flip-flopping, etc.

In the end, I called it a draw.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Trump needs to learn to keep his cool and chill out with the insults and childish flames. I think that's one of his biggest downfalls. He could have hit way below the belt and brought up Bill Clinton's scandals but he brought up NAFTA and other bad policies which was good. Also the fact that he brought up how Clinton has been a politician for 30 years and never fixed any issues until now is something that will resonate with voters and make them believe even more so that we need someone new in office that can't be bought or bribed.

I have a feeling the next couple of debates will strongly go in favor of Trump now that he has the experience of what to expect at them and can come back with stronger rebuttals. He needs to figure out a way to explain his taxes and failed businesses better too without cop outs or skirting around questions with the same old lines.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

According to all of the polls, the only people who think Trump did well were Trump supporters. The overwhelming majority of undecideds said Hillary won. One of the things people said they disliked was that Trump interrupted Clinton constantly and she remained civil. He also made several blatantly false statements, the biggest one being that he never said global warming was a hoax perpetrated by China. The tweet he made in 2012 saying exactly that immediately started circulating the web. For the record, they didn't ask Trump any of the really hard questions either.