Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Ebay sellers are funny

Old 09-26-2016, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Ebay sellers are funny

So, bought some vinyl graphics for the Dakota on eBay. When it arrived, it was complete junk and fell apart on me when I pulled the backing paper off. I left the seller negative feedback and he's not wanting to cooperate. He flipped out on me and was pretty hostile about it saying his vinyl is 3m and the best out there. Regardless, it was junk and I stand by my feedback. I have to wait a couple more days before I can escalate it to eBay through their resolution center. Today, I received a very nasty message from the seller threatening to get his attorney and filing a lawsuit for defamation due to the negative feedback.

I called eBay, explained the situation, they were able to see the messages he sent, said I was protected and will get my money back. They said it's unacceptable what he did and as soon as I can escalate it, they will review everything (and see the notes from me talking to them via a reference number), refund my money and take action against the seller for the threats.

Hopefully they suspend his account. What a total douche! It was only $20 and the fact this guy would go through with filing a lawsuit against someone in a completely different state is hilarious.

Anyone ever had anything like this happen to them?
Old 09-26-2016, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The opposite side happens to us aaaaall the time. My company ships ~50 itmes/day mostly from ebay sales and we will sometimes give full refunds on stuff that was sold as-is and not even require the buyer to ship it back, just to keep from getting a negative. It's kookoo the amount of effort that goes into keeping a good ebay reputation as a seller. For us to do anything BUT give a refund and ask for a revision to a positive feedback for $20 would be literally losing money every second we were working the case.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I sold a Nitro RC plane engine. After 2 weeks, the guy asked me why I hadn't sent it yet. I told him I hadn't received payment yet. He threatened to leave negative feedback and said I cashed the Postal money order and never sent the engine. I asked him for the serial number for the Postal money order. All Postal money orders have numbers on them so you can see when it was bought, how much it was for, when it was cashed and you can even see an image of the signature on the back. He refused to give me the number. Basically, he was trying to extort me into sending him the engine for free to protect my feedback rating. I explained the situation to eBay after he left negative feedback and they sent him a request for information, including the serial number for the money order. When he didn't respond, they removed the negative feedback.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 V6 Tib

Happened to me about 6 months ago. Bought something and it arrived broken. I sent pictures to the ebayer and he said sorry there was nothing he could do. I left negative feedback and he sent me a message threatening to sue because of it. I ignored it and he just went away on his own.