Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Do people still ask you guys what kind of car you have?

Old 09-13-2016, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon
Default Do people still ask you guys what kind of car you have?

Lady the other day asked me what kind of car I had when I got out to go into the mall. When I told her it was a Tiburon, she said she never heard of it and wanted to know who made it. I said Hyundai and she got even more confused. Is this still happening to you guys too or is this just a weird coincidence?
Old 09-13-2016, 07:11 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

I had maybe 4 people ask me what my Tiburon was in the almost 6 years I owned it, they were also confused when I said Tiburon and asked who made it lol

I've also had one person (Cashier at a McD's drive through) ask what kind of car my VW GTI is. I replied saying it's a hatchback, and they responded with, "is that like a smaller minivan?" I literally drive a 2 door Golf... How do you not know what a hatchback is?
Old 09-14-2016, 05:52 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Had a few people ask me when I had the tibby. With the Club GTR kit, someone thought it was a Supra.

I get asked about the Genesis at least once a month from someone wondering what it is. The wing badges confuse people and they think it's either a Bentley or Aston Martin.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:59 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

IMHO most people are car dumb. It's like a moth to a light lol. One guy asked me the other day how I liked my Ferrari.

If your a dude and can't tell the diff between a Hyundai and Ferrari your man card should be revoked ASAP!