Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Liquid Sound Deadeners?

Old 08-07-2016, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default Liquid Sound Deadeners?

I'm interested in lining my doors in a liquid sound deadener either in replacement of MLV (Mass Loaded Vinyl) or in addition to MLV.

How well does the liquid work as compared to a peel and stick MLV?
Old 08-07-2016, 04:54 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

this may be unorthodox but i used tire repair sealant on my lc and j2 when i owned them, worked very well and was removable since it was cleany peelable should the need to remove it be needed.

but this is because i mount tubes for a living, only thing i can recommend is silicone or flexane liquid urethane but this is a thicky runny liquid and needs at least 24 hours to cure
Old 08-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Any added mass will change resonance of big body panels. ruberrized undercoating ina can from the parts store applied to wheelwells and under the body tray made a big difference for me. Some products are better than others and you have to apply them right, but when done right the liquid products can make a big difference. See specifically the review 2nd from last by Lou C., here: http://store.secondskinaudio.com/spe...allon/#reviews
Old 08-07-2016, 08:41 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

some cars especially cheap cars emit a hollow thunk you hear from thin door skins, dunno of anything spray-on that can put on enough thickness to supress nvh

i remember when i had my blue lc, i filled the inner quarter panel with upholstery grade high dense foam in the cavities and it was very effective, foam or dacron can be a good means..if procurable at upholstery or auto upholstery shop if you can find one..another quirk i did was put edead on the hood and noticed less noise and engine thrash.