Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

In your opinion, what do you think will be the cause of extinction?

Old 06-26-2016, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tiburon
Default In your opinion, what do you think will be the cause of extinction?

Some colossal galactic happening (black hole, sun exploding, meteor, aliens), widespread disease (viral, bacterial, zombies) or human beings themselves (world war, nukes, global economy collapse)?
Old 06-26-2016, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

There is no need for opinions or speculation. We can read from the authoritative source and draw conclusions: http://www.bible.ca/d-end-world.htm
Old 06-26-2016, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

You're better off consulting Harry Potter.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

^ LMAO! Sorry....that made me laugh.

My guess for a widespread global wipe out will be either war or disease. We still have a few thousand (or million) years before some cosmic situation happens, and by then...life will already probably be established on another planet somewhere. On a smaller (but still much much more grand aspect) will also be mother nature. I don't think we have yet to see a massive violent occurrence that will be so devastating, it will rock a certain country for years to come. I'm talking about earthquakes, volcano's, hurricanes or tsunami's, etc.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

IMO the most likely scenario is man-made destruction, probably from some WMD.

Barring that I suspect that within a couple thousand years our species will be splintered into multiple subspecies through the process of evolution. Populations on other celestial bodies or primarily in the weightlessness of space will start to favor different attributes and once again competitive advantages will matter enough to drive noticeable evolution in some of these environments.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Are we talking about human extinction? Extinction of life on the planet earth as we know it? Or more broadly the extinction of intelligent species stemming from our planet as a whole?

I do fully suspect that by the time our planet is done, be it cosmic forces or caused by intelligent life, that something evolved from our species will have colonized space or other planets and moons. That said it's fully possible that our species is wiped out by that species much like we wiped out the neanderthals. I do fully suspect, simply given by our strong survival instincts that we or something near to our species will develop enough inter stellar travel that we will become a great and powerful force in space. Making any global or even system-wide extinction event irrelevant to humans.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Accidental release of a weaponized virus by a company who's products are in 9 out of every 10 homes.

4O3tNM6.jpg