Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Meanwhile in china

Old 05-31-2016, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Elantra GT
Default Meanwhile in china

Walt Disney Co. said it’s prepared to take action to protect its intellectual property rights after performers dressed as Snow White and Captain America were sighted at Dalian Wanda Group Co.’s new theme park and entertainment complex in China.

“We vigorously protect our intellectual property and will take action to address infringement,” the company said in an e-mailed statement Monday in response to Bloomberg News queries about the characters, who resembled ones from Disney. “Our characters and stories have delighted generations, these illegal and substandard imitations unfortunately disappoint all who expect more.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-at-wanda-park

But when that same conglomerate, Dalian Wanda Group Co., opened a rival theme park over the weekend, visitors were greeted by workers dressed as Disney characters, including Captain America, Snow White and Star Wars storm troopers.

In a statement issued Monday, Disney said it has had a good relationship with Wanda Group’s film distribution business but added:

“We are perplexed that [Wanda Chief Executive Wang Jianlin] would choose to do public battle with us, or attempt to undermine our business in any way.”

In an earlier comment to Bloomberg News, Disney vowed to take action to protect its intellectual property rights.

“We vigorously protect our intellectual property and will take action to address infringement,” Disney told Bloomberg News.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...nap-story.html

Is it "Disney" or is it a "Dismey" park... Regardless, I don't think China copyright laws give a sh*t so have fun?
Old 05-31-2016, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I can already hear the ruling in Chinese court... "We find for the defense because the shade of red used in the costume so minutely different than Disney's".