Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Does anybody race their Elantra?

Old 05-30-2016, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Elantra
Default Does anybody race their Elantra?

I have never heard or seen any pics and videos of Elantras racing either on a straight track or in auto cross. I know these are not exactly performance orientated cars but you would think some people would like to race them to see what they can do.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:01 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Elantra GT & 2014 Veloster Turbo

Originally Posted by Matteus
I have never heard or seen any pics and videos of Elantras racing either on a straight track or in auto cross. I know these are not exactly performance orientated cars but you would think some people would like to race them to see what they can do.
I have auto-crossed mine & loved it so much I have now bought a Veloster. Due to the amount of aftermarket \ performance parts available. Beginning to cross reference some, but without having vehicles at hand to measure & compare it is tough. Still intend on sporting out my GT though.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Yeah. I race Honda's in the Elantra sometimes, I don't win a lot.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:52 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I have taken my car racing. I dont do so well in it when racing against other people but its more for my benefit by having fun in the car and seeing what its limitations are.