Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Has anybody ever heard of these coilovers?

Old 05-22-2016, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Accent
Default Has anybody ever heard of these coilovers?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CEIKA-Type-1...9WdJMv&vxp=mtr

[ebay]111853393036[/ebay]

CEIKA Type 1M

About CEIKA:

Created by car lovers for car lovers in 2010 in Australia. We specialize in bolt-on custom suspensions and big brake kits for unique and custom vehicles and we have built kits for a wide range of cars, custom race cars, rally/baja cars and even trikes. Used in pro level rally, drift, circuit time attack/racing and gymkhana with top results in Australia, Japan, USA, and France. Our kits have also been used by TAFE South Australia to teach students about building race cars and setting skills.

Working on our drift, track and street cars are our main hobby too. So we look forward to hearing about your mad projects!

Over the years and with thousands of kits made, we've had zero shocks leaking or failing due to defects. And almost no returns and warranty claims.

Complete set of 4 high performance coilovers:

Custom built with aerospace grade materials and seals from Japan

Shock valving, travel and height range set individually to suit your spring rates and use

Suitable for rally, racing, and street

12 months warranty

Manufacturing takes 3 to 10 days for 1-way kits depending on specs and up to 30 working days for 2-way inverted dampers.

3 to 5 days express shipping worldwide

Direct bolt-in guaranteed

Features:

1-way adjustable dampers: ~800N with 33 clicks (Please contact us for 2-way adjustable dampers with external nitrogen reservoirs)

Mono tube shocks with progressive or digressive valving depending on application.

Springs preload adjustment

Base adjustable height with fully threaded shock bodies

Fully rebuildable and serviceable. All the serviceable parts are in stock and ready to send.

Optional features: You can add these options below as per your preference. Contact us before purchasing so we can either guide you to the right options or add the options you chose to your total price. Not all options are available depending on the OEM suspension design.

Front Top Plates:

Alloy with rubber bush (free)

Pillowball Mount (+ $60)

Camber adjustable (+ $60) available for Mcpherson type

Camber + Caster (+ $140) available for Mcpherson type

Rear Top Plates:

Alloy with rubber bush (free)

Pillowball Mount (+ $60)

Camber adjustable (+ $60) for Mcpherson type

Standard specs, valving, and spring rates (street or race): 2 to 10 working days for manufacturing.

We have a standard soft spring rate combination and a stiffer spring rates combination for each application. You can choose for free between:

Street type: Medium increase in stiffness over stock, with linear springs for good control and handling. The street type retains good comfort and firm ride for good handling and no body roll. We will choose the right spring rate combinaison for your car model.

Sport / Track / Drift: Stiffer increase over stock. The ride will be firmer and suited for a street/track day use if you prefer handling over comfort. The ride will still be very good on bumps with the Sport type spring rates, especially on the softer damping setting, and it will not knock your teeth out... On the medium or stiff setting, with our 33 clicks adjustment and high performance valves, the responsiveness and stiffness is greatly increased, to give you precision and good road feel.

The fast response of our dampers insure good stability at high speed on straights and cornering. It is also useful to avoid bottoming out and scraping when lowering your car while keeping it driveable. The base adjustable height mounts allows to lower the ride without compromising the damper travel.

Keep in mind that even on the street type the ride will feel different and stiffer at low speed due to the fact that the spring rates are linear. On OEM springs or lowered springs the progressive rate is soft at the top of the spring which gives more comfort at low speed but makes the handling less predictable and causes more body roll.

If you want to dial out a bit of this common effect due to coilover, the helper springs will give you added softness at the top and more comfort on bumpy roads. For track use the road feel and performance will be best without helper springs.

You can contact us if you would like to know the spring rate we have set as standard for your vehicle.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Coming from Taipei, Taiwan... I wouldn't put them on someone else's car, never mind my own.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:01 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

CEIKA has actually become a well respected manufacturer even in the Japanese drifting scene. And that says something because anything not Japanese has a huge hurtle to overcome in that culture.

Their products are not cheap by any ones standards but they are competitively priced, and they will make a custom system to fit any vehicle. And I do mean any! Best of all you can spec out a set to match the depth of your pockets. I'm tempted after the big turbo motor is done to retire the Megans for a set of M2s with beefed up vales and remote mounted reservoirs.

That said do not buy from ebay if you want the real deal. There are a ton of Chinese mainland knock offs since it's still a fairly unknown in the west.

Buy driectly from their site:

http://ceikaperformance.com/Custom-Built-Coilovers-c10/
Old 05-23-2016, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Like I said... The website says they're Australian, the ebay link says they're coming from Taiwan. I'll never again buy any car parts coming from China or Taiwan.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:02 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

When it comes to suspension and braking healthy skepticism is definitely a good thing.

Last I checked they were solely Taiwan, but I do know they have a strong Aussie market so it wouldn't surprise me to hear that much of the business side has moved to death island. Manufacturing is still Taiwan tho and every actual review I have read from owners seem on par at least on the suspension side.

As always research heavily before making any major performance purchase. When it comes to suspension and braking, you do not want to cheap out!