Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Widebody F2 Complete Kit

Old 05-06-2016, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Widebody F2 Complete Kit

You guys knew HKC would be back with a bang! I sold my Alpine Supercharger but that doesn't mean I lost my balls.

Got a hold of the widebody kit made by MSD (Motor Sport Development) from Milton Keynes, England. These are extremely good quality molds and I will have them reproduced. But it's missing the front bumper So first I need to find one or else I'll have to fab up my own. I'd like to find the two bonnet vents as well...

Can anybody shed some light on the reproduction process of these? Is there a way to make molds and reproduce them without losing them? These are right off of Kenneth Eriksson's Coupe making them precious and I won't accept losing them.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:34 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

We should talk!

I have been looking for a set of these for a minute and just purchased a ton of mold making and infusion equipment.

The short: yes! The mod making process is crazy time consuming and for things like fenders require careful consideration for flanges and what have you. Basically the molds have to be made in several pieces and fitted together. See my post in the hood thread below but even that one mold cost quite a bit in materials alone and took several days. The good news it these should be easily doable without any harm to the part.

I will PM you with some more info I care not to share in public yet, but I would love to get my hands on these pieces!

As far as sourcing the remainder I'm clueless
Old 05-06-2016, 01:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I would love to cover up some 10" wide tires on the drag car!
Old 05-06-2016, 01:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Is that an evo bumper I spy in the corner photo-bombing your wide body kit?!? 😉

I'm definitely interested. I can't chime in on the mold process though. When I as gonna do the carbon hatches, we found a donor hatch, but didn't even think of asking for it back since it was an "off the shelf" hatch and we could care less about an OEM hatch at that point . Your parts are very rare and worth saving for the history and nostalgic value for sure.

But....I'm definitely in for a set if these ever come to fruition!!!!
Old 05-06-2016, 01:53 PM

Don't get your hopes up just yet guys this is eye-candy at the moment. I need to source the front bumper. You'll have a few more gray hairs before that happens. But I'm working on it. If I had that I would be on it.

You can tell they definitely weren't made overnight. Real craftsmanship involved here. They're also thick, not just made to look the part.

Yes that is a homologated front bumper, but it's not the one that goes with this kit. Still looks beast doesn't it.

Tom what do you think the cost would look like since you've actually spoken to the people who fabricate panels?
Old 05-06-2016, 11:49 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

In for the finished product!
Old 05-07-2016, 08:42 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Well, this was 6 years ago, and for carbon fiber parts. The hatch was gonna be 1250 for 4 to 8 people, and 900 for 9+. Shipping was extra 300.

So....not sure how you should gauge those prices. That also did not include glass or lexan that we were going to have to source somewhere as well if folks really wanted to take advantage of the weight savings
Old 05-07-2016, 11:36 AM

Bummer that fell through man. That would have been sweet. If I had a full-time job then like I have now I would have pushed it through.

I'm emailing the original owner to see if I can buy the front end from him.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tibby

Those are sweet. How high are the arches though on the fenders? Are they like the rally tibs where there is a ton of fender gap or do these look just like OEM panels but just wider?
Old 06-09-2016, 04:51 AM

That's a really good question as I have been pondering this the whole time. These are just like the ones on the rally car so they are huge. I'm still unsure how to go about that but I'm guessing you need some lowering springs and some damn good alloys with sizeable tires.

There will still be a lot of fender gap leftover, but for me it doesn't matter all that much considering this is the real deal.