Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Soft Brake Pedal?

Old 04-09-2016, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Soft Brake Pedal?

2000 Tiburon RD2

I've had an ordeal with this car recently. The brakes have been soft for months but I never really questioned it until recently. Recently the wheel bearing when out (Passenger front) and I had to replace the hub, the bearing, and the caliper when it froze up. We accidentally jacked up and let the brake line run dry so after failing to bleed the brakes ourselves (figured there was air in the lines now) I paid Firestone $76 to professionally bleed the lines and get everything back to order.

So. Nothing change. The brake is soft. It has to be pushed nearly to the floor to work at all. It does stop but there should be a lot more stopping power than there is. There's a lot of play between the default position and the floor where nothing even happens when pressing down.

I don't think the brake issue is anything we did recently but probably what I've been experiencing for months. I'm just noticing it now because I'm more aware of the issue.

So how do I fix it? Seems like I've already spent a mint on this thing. Seems dangerous.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

First step, bring it back to Firestone. Have them rebleed. Bring the receipt so they don't charge you.