The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

I really cant stand pushy sales people

Old 04-05-2016, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default I really cant stand pushy sales people

[Rant]

So, the company I work at is looking to get on the GSA Schedule, which allows us to sell to the federal government and be on a list of their preferred vendors. We are outsourcing it out to a consultant versus doing it ourselves to be certified. I reached out to a few different companies and we're down to a couple that we still deciding on.

I work with other C-levels in the company so after I got all of the info and put together a report, I presented it. Our CEO is the bottleneck on it and is still debating on what to do or who we should go with.

One of the company's has called me probably a good 10-15 times to see what we plan to do. I kept telling them that it's on hold until our CEO makes a decision and that we will get back to them when the time comes. This guy still keeps calling almost daily. It got to the point where I knew he was by the caller ID on my phone, so I stopped taking his calls and just let everything go to voicemail.

What does this guy do? He somehow finds the CEO's email address, goes over my head and started to email him with me copied in with the emails. Finally the CEO had to reply and tell the guy to calm down and that he was the reason why a decision hasnt been made yet.

If this guy keeps on doing what he's doing and being a pest, I'm just going to tell him that we were going to choose his company but because he was being a douche and constantly harassing us every day, we went with someone else. lol

Pushy sales people need to be ran over by a bus!

[/Rant]
Old 04-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I would go out of my way to not work with that guy. Even if you want to go with his company go around him and find a new salesman there.