Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

NON-power steering how it feels?

Old 05-10-2016, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Accent 1999 2D

If they still got that car on junk yard i will definitely pull the manual steering rack off of it.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Accent 1999 2D

Went on junk yard today and that car was already gone, however there was another Accent 1997 coupe that had manual steering rack in it took it off.

Its such a small diameter that it does not look like modern steering rack, women at register thought it was drive shaft...

Based on how it comes of replacement is simple it installs with 4 bolts to the body and 1 to the steering column then connecting old tie rods, closing elbows and that's all. no extra stuff (listed above) to worry about and you can start working on your arm muscles lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1.jpg (72.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg
2.jpg (83.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-12-2016, 10:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS

"Working on your arm muscles" Lol the steering won't be hard at all.

My Elantra has a power rack with no pump. The only time the steering was ever hard was when there were 5 adults in it and I was trying to make a U-turn. My 115 pound mom even drove the car a few times and didn't complain.